Dash upgrade - 280km/hr

rbrtpalin

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Robert
Drive
VR-4 Galant 1996 Model
Has anyone tried or seen these? From a site called x-tuner.
Look pretty good and come in options of colours. Will do 280km/hr and 9k tachometer.
How do we re- calibrate for these to be accurate?

IMG_1544.PNG

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
you also need the motor behind it to make it work.. otherwise your speedo wont show as accurate

rbrtpalin

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Robert
Drive
VR-4 Galant 1996 Model
Yeh, figured there was more to it. Do you know what to change/ where to buy?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
you need the gauge from the UK/German released Galant/Galant Estate (Legnum) I think they are 4cyl GDi or diesel

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
I can make VR4 180 kmh motor calibrate for 260 kmh movement. its very easy. we can also make 180 kmh speedometer motor calibrated up to 280 or 300 kmh top speed electronically as well. but thats will take times to learn about the program relationship. if VR4 owner want to do 260 conversion, one dont have to buy the 260 kmh euro speedo just like bradc and my way in the past. just buy the custom 260 kmh hi vish dash conversion layer only. the main problem is we still cant find the supplier which willing to do it for us for cheapest price with top quality result and fitment.

Tomasz on clubvr4 once offer custom hi vish dash layer but the member seems hesitate to buy and he ended 8 pc left, even though he offer very cheap price 10 gbp/pc but i dont know the quality and fitment, i didnt buy it. now he seem reluctant todo it again for the rest of member who willing to buy later on.

I installed the new custom 260 kmh conversion on last week end, buy new pricey custom hi vis dash layer from plasmatacho.de just like stefan (aka crazydriver) did and get rid of 260 kmh conversion like bradc way. the quality is very good but the fitment is not perfect, you still have to cut here and there in order to make it tight fit. i love the result.

DSC_1769.JPG
DSC_1790.JPG

I personally think ozvr4 and clubvr4 must be enthusiast like i do to get rid of annoying 180 kmh limitation on their speedometer, so i wonder why the tomasz group buy didnt suceed as expected? Just curious how many of you guys in this forum to do 260 kmh conversion?

rbrtpalin

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Robert
Drive
VR-4 Galant 1996 Model
Cool, would like to do a 280 or 300km/h dash ultimately! How do you calibrate the speedo? Is there a thread somewhere?

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
im keen to do a 260/280 speedo. i was almost off the clock when i went to the drags the other night

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
180 kmh to 260 kmh needle reading is really straight forwar
Cool, would like to do a 280 or 300km/h dash ultimately! How do you calibrate the speedo? Is there a thread somewhere?
im keen to do a 260/280 speedo. i was almost off the clock when i went to the drags the other night

As I said 180 to 260 calibration is not a problem, but for 280 and 300 calibration of course for sure we need more time. But as I said thats not a problem. the problem is find a seller who willing to produce high quality customize fascia with cheap price. i am trying to source local market first, then i let you guys know

rbrtpalin

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Robert
Drive
VR-4 Galant 1996 Model
Xtuners above was doing a 280km one? could ask them to cut a 300km one if a few were interested and we knew how to calibrate?

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
Can't you get a speedo chip from the UK that wires to your speed sensor? If so your dash would read in mph making it 180mph then make the cluster to suit both kmph and mph similar to what we get for the fto?

Top Bottom