Debadged! ... time to go for a drive

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Partially Debadged! ... time to go for a drive

Well, after half breaking my fingers off yesterday debadging the car I decided to take the mrs on a drive today. (Yes I have a job... I am on holidays)

No more LEGNUM or V6 badges... oh yea! All I need is my wheels powdercoated black and some nice coilovers to slamm it hellaflush stylez. ;)

side_debadged.jpg

rear-side_debadged-1.jpg

back_debadged.jpg

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
I am still wanting to take off the mitsubishi on the rear left corner. But the VR-4 badges are staying.

After spending a good 4 hours yesterday removing the badges and polishing / touching up; I called it a day. That legnum badge has the worlds strongest glue! Even soaking it in bug n' tar remover it was extremely hard to get off.

I have been on the lookout for the old MMC badge that used to be around; but have had no luck finding one :( I want to put that where the mitsubishi one currently is.

example... but obviously not embroyded and without the outside border
BhhmvwBmkKGrHqIH-EEsLfG5-PWBLJjFq8Y.jpg

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
It's a bit late now, but there is a thread about debadging somewhere. It took me less than 30 minutes using a hairdryer to heat the letters/glue and some dental floss to pull underneath them to separate them from the car. A little bug and tar remover was all that I needed afterwards.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Looks tops Brett! I have been tossing up removing the legnum off the boot, now I think I will , I already have taken the mitsi badge off the back , I like the look of it without it personally. I think it will suit yours big time now that you have the leggie badge off.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
i still see plenty of badges left :p

yea yea.... honestly if the wheels were done and the suspension.. I would take everything off and have that stealthy black look... but i will be conservative until that time.

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
Looks great without the legnum badges!

I think you should remove all the badges off the back.

I only have the legnum one and i rkn it looks great.

Riley

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Riley
Drive
96 Legnum vr4
all ive have are the VR4 badges front and back and the V6 badges......its annoying though because everyone has to ask what it is and who makes it

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I really like the look of that!

For an MMC badge, I'd contact kempys, they should be able to help.

triggs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
Trigger Mauve 1996 VR-4 Galant
Ah hell yeah, im gonna take off that V6 badge. Its so ugly. Mainly coz mitsubishi magna's have them.

JediRuss

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Russ
Drive
'98 Legnum
'98 Toyota MR2 Turbo
Mine has no badges whatsoever.

Except for the Mitsubishi diamond on the front grill.

Nobody has any idea what it and usually nobody asks. They just assume its a Magna wagon.

Only hint that it's something out of the ordinary is the BOV

I have been thinking of getting a set of twin turbo 24valve stickers for the front doors. Not certain yet though.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
Mine has no badges whatsoever.

Except for the Mitsubishi diamond on the front grill.

Nobody has any idea what it and usually nobody asks. They just assume its a Magna wagon.

Only hint that it's something out of the ordinary is the BOV

I have been thinking of getting a set of twin turbo 24valve stickers for the front doors. Not certain yet though.

get the twin turbo stickers man, they're really subtle and dont stand out at all. i went the smaller ones and theyre pretty discreet, just gets people wondering.

PB230970.jpg

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Looks good mate.

I've only got the VR4 rear badge and the VR4 badge on the grille. (removed the Mitsubishi to keep em guessing)

It's kind of negated with the massive rear window sticker, two "OZVR4" mini stickers on the rear side glass and trounced-supplied (a.k.a. Wes') 24 VALVE TWIN TURBO large OEM-style stickers on the front doors.

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?6504-OEM-Style-Strip-Sticker-(dimi-s-Design)/page6

With the bodykit, stealthy this car is definitely not!

ASH STEEVO

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
VR4PLAY aka ASH
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S - VR4PLAY
hey ive got a FL 99 legnum wanted to remove the badges... is it hard and whats underneath? just stick double sidded stuff... and whats best for cleaning it back? cheers.

i also have a legnum already without the legnum badge... was going to change it over tho theres 2 much work involved. cheers for any help!!

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
They are glued on. You will need some fishing line and some sort of Bug & Tar Remover.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
You get a hair dryer or a heat gun and heat the badges up a bit to soften the glue, then you run fishing line down the back of the badge to separate the badge from the car. You can clean the glue off with methylated spirits. Easy as that

Top Bottom