Debadged! ... time to go for a drive

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Some of them have scratches around the badge in the paint (like mine does) from dirt buildup around the adhesive

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
If you don't have any fishing line, dental floss works a treat. You do have dental floss right? Good oral hygiene FTW! lol

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
I tried this the other day, and while the most part of the glue came off, I was still left with a 'VR4' outline of glue, tried everything from Metho, to De-Solvit, even tried to cut and polish it off, but still left the outline of glue, so I polished the badge and stuck it back on..
Now I've got chrome VR4 badges on the boot and grill :D

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
Slightly on-topic, slightly off:
I still havent got around to re-badging my car: what exactly is used to glue the LEGNUM badges on in the first place? is it double sided tape, or something else? The only double sided tape ive found in my local IGA is pretty thick, its more of a foam, and I think that would hold the letters too far away from the car.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
it is a good quality double sided tape.. much like the 3M's found in Bunnings.. if applied right.. it sticks really well..

3M's about 1-2mm thick..

ASH STEEVO

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
VR4PLAY aka ASH
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S - VR4PLAY
dental hygiene is amongst my top of priorities.... havnt got around to removing it as dont have an extension lead long enough and the misses wont let me use her hair dryer... will have to wait till shes gone. gahahahahaaaaa... do my hair while im at it.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
I didn't use a hair dryer, just parked the car in the sun for an hour or so.

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
I can vouch for the 3M VHB tape, its extra extra strong. I used it to hang massive ACP panels on a multi story building. 'Tis good shit.

Top Bottom