Defi Wiring and sensors

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
Is anyone aware of where to get defi wiring and sensors from?

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
PRO-Speed Racing are the AUS Distributor or you can get them from RHD Japan. Dont expect either option to be cheap though.. :(

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
Bugger, thanks mate

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
No worries Alex, I have found sometimes its almost cheaper to buy the new gauges rather than getting second hand guages then having to buy the sensors kits and cabling separately.

The only reason why I didnt do this was that I bought the original series gauges as I didnt want BF's, but now you can buy both styles brand new. I am also lucky I did buy the new sensor kits as I run Display's rather than gauges.

If I could justify it id buy the new zd advance and replacement boost gauge...

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
Only reason I didn't get new is because you can't get the ralliart din units new, it comes with water temp, oil pressure and boost so I need to track down some wiring and sensors to suit. Guys at pro speed racing are away till the 24th of jan so I can't track anything down till at least then.

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
Also I had a look on pro speed's website but couldn't find the sensors to suit my gauges, might have to give then a call when they get back

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Which ones are you looking for? I can get around the defi site reasonably well... lol

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
Sorry for the late reply. I got the din mount gauge set so it has water temp oil pressure and boost. Basically I need everything to make the gauges work so cables sensors and anything else

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Hmmm slightly off topic, but my defi gauge started jumping around all over the place (the needle, the gauge didn't grow legs). Anyway, does anyone know if this is likely to be the gauge or the sensor? I reckon the sensor....

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Hmmm slightly off topic, but my defi gauge started jumping around all over the place (the needle, the gauge didn't grow legs). Anyway, does anyone know if this is likely to be the gauge or the sensor? I reckon the sensor....
Check the wire to the sensor and the control unit. It could be a loose connection somewhere or a leak to the sensor.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Single standalone gauge, wiring and hoses are ok.... Powers up fine, just the needle w I'll jump all over the full range irrespective of what the engines doing.

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
Reason you can't find the one with boost is it was a limited edition ralliart one. They don't sell them anymore so hopefully it won't be too hard to find the parts

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Single standalone gauge, wiring and hoses are ok.... Powers up fine, just the needle w I'll jump all over the full range irrespective of what the engines doing.

My Billion gauge was doing something similar, it would jump to much higher than actual temps and eventually sit on 127 (8 bit max?). It turned out to be a loose ground or sensor wire that caused it.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Yeah it's like an electrical contact, in that it moves so much hmmm

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
I have to say I am not impressed in the slightest with prospeed racing. I have sent them 3 emails regarding the parts i need and i have not received a response. I called the guy up yesterday and he finally answered after trying to call him for about 2 hours, he then proceeded to answer the phone with "hello" i asked if this was prospeed racing and he said "yes". sounded like he didnt wanna help me at all and couldn't care less.

So when he finally answered he told me to send him an email. Well i did, i sent him a 4th email at midday yesterday and still no response. FFS, if there was someone else who dealt with defi then I'd go there, stuff prospeed.

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
Thanks Jeremy, greatly appreciated

Top Bottom