Differences in Modifications in different countries

Mrstevieboy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Steve
Drive
2001 Mitsubishi Galant VR4
So, this week has been a very interesting week.
I'm currently on my first overseas holiday in Thailand, Staying in Patong.
I wish i had photos to ad to the story however haven't brought my phone overseas and haven't had my gopro while exploring the local area.
I trust you can use imagination to paint the pictures...

On our first walk in the new country it became very apparent that modification of cars is widely supported pass time.
Nearly every Camry, civic, Prius and even Tuk Tuk had some form of external/ body modifications on them.
I've noticed the majority of cars around the area are either Honda or Toyota with the odd Jeep or Suzuki passing by...

During our first exploration, we were walking down the main beach road and my eyes were passing over all these different body mods that aren't as commonly seen in OZ.
The first car I begun to inspected at a distance had an awesome looking bumper with aero parts in bulk fashions.
Carbon front lip, Evo style bonnet scoop, Giant Brembo brakes, One of those GIANT rear wings.
TE37s and a full body kit,

Then it hit me, as i got closer it became more and more apparent... everything is fake.
It started with the brembo's which were only caliper covers.
the front lip, quite dodgy carbon vinyl wrap with a thick layer clear coat sprayed. (artistic runs of course)
Aero fins on the front bumper, cauflute card cut and glued on.
The Bonnet scoop looked as though it was cut in by a 5 year old with an angle grinder with easily visible gaps on either side of the plastic scoop insert.
The giant wing? probably the only legitimate thing, however absolutely useless on a FWD car.

It seems everything done in this region is under the "Ricer" philosophy.
Everything has to look race ready even if its only for show.

The tuk tuks and buses are quite hilarious though, 4-5" Ricer cannons connected to the back.
While the Tuk Tuks are completely decked out with subs, Amps and speakers.

I'm guess its different from country to country and person to person.
I personally like sleepers and something that will perform while looking unsuspecting...
Anyway, I guess enough for now.
Tomorrow always brings new cars to see...
I hope to see at least one car with a FMIC or something performance based on it before i head back..

Top Bottom