Does your car have a name?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I think every car needs a name. As far as I know, only a few cars on this forum have publicly known names (Loki, The Plow, Silver Bullet)

Because the trigger mauve colour makes me think of nighttime for some reason, I have christened my Legnum: Luna Leggie the Purple Punch Wagon

Ok, ok, I'm a dag :redface:

Anyone else?

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I call it car or Legnum but that depends on the context. When my TCS went I called it muther f#&ker! :)

I think every car needs a name. As far as I know, only a few cars on this forum have publicly known names (Loki, The Plow, Silver Bullet)

Because the trigger mauve colour makes me think of nighttime for some reason, I have christened my Legnum: Luna Leggie the Purple Punch Wagon

Ok, ok, I'm a dag :redface:

Anyone else?

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
The Money Pit.......ha ha just kidding...usually refer to her as The Beast

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Mine is known in my house hold as Big Blackie...... an My car is also known as Big blackie........

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
All my cars have names :) Cheers Derek for bringing this up.

Yep, Loki is the name of the Super VR-4... named after one of the Norse gods in Viking mythology out to spread mischief and havoc amongst the world. Suits him perfectly and is now my 3rd Mitsubishi wagon!

Seth was the black TS Magna Wagon I owned for 10 years before buying the Legnum. It reminded my mum of a hearse, and since Seth is Anubis' brother (Ancient Egyptian mythology), the name stuck.

The A.P.C. (Armoured Personnel Carrier) was the manual white boxy Sigma GK Wagon I bought as a temporary replacement to get around, holding my mountain bikes and stuff. It carried *ahem* numerous people at the same time and was tough and easy to fix/repair. It was a bit of a necessary purchase after The Limousine was written off (see below), and the interior was definitely more spartan than my first ever car which was...

The Limousine was a 1982 Sigma-SE "Super Saloon" manual 2.0 litre sedan and my first car. It was pimping! Had brand new two-tone body paint, with metallic kingfisher blue upper half and metallic silver lower half. It was pretty common for the girls to plonk themselves in the rear seat as I drove since it was very comfy. It made me feel like a chauffeur sometimes! The nickname stuck. Oh, how I thought that $0.68c per litre of Super was expensive back in those days.

Interior was re-upholstered with bolstered velour interior (beige/camel) and full electrics/aircon vents in the C pillar for the passengers on 16" rims (big for the time!), lowered suspension and made a good cruiser. After a year of hard work and only two months on the road after restoration, it was written off in a head-on collision which I barely walked away from (not at fault).

Oddly enough, I sometimes dream I still own this car. Now, it'd be a 26yo classic had it survived :)

kiddyvr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
monty
Drive
VR4 Galant 1997
when i changed my reg to qld i got the number plates 069JPY so friends call mine the Dirty Jap....;)

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
We currently have "The Shit Box" and "The nice car" :D

Guess which one is the Legnum and which one is the 95 Excel 'Sprint' auto ;)

cheers

Lee

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Well every car I've ever had has been known by the same name ;

'Emma'.

It's a Simpsons reference !! Back in an old episode where the kids took tests to see what career they would be in, the papers were fed through a big old room-size computer which analysed them. When it got to Bart's paper, the computer started smoking & choking on it. Then an old guy sitting next to the computer starts banging it with a broom & shouts ;

"Eh eh, come on Emma !"

Going back to when I was driving company Corollas, they would really struggle up hills, hence you would hear me say '

"Eh eh, come on Emma !" - & the name stuck !

By seeing as I now have 2 cars I don't know. The Legnum is still Emma. The lowered Mazda 929 is known at work as the 'Pimpmobile'. Hehe....

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
lol! Good one Brad.

Mine's called the Phantom... getting PP's that say PHNTM; because it's purple.:)

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
STORMTROOPER! i havent actually ever called it this, but this is what it has known to be called on the forums...havent actually bothered to compare it until now...

16235859a__0x0.jpg

stormtrooperRAH.jpg

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
LOL stormtrooper does fit it well gilly!

Previous cars were 'the pit' ie money pit - r31 and the 'cooner' my boonged out vn s pack.

All my mates call the legnum the 'legume' partly due to my previous research work on beans, partly cos legume is easier to remember.

Its also referred to as the chest of draws - when it was being trucked down from brissie i got an sms update that went along the lines 'Your item of furniture is due to be delivered on xx/xx/xxxx'

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Well every car I've ever had has been known by the same name ;

'Emma'.

Hey, my Mazda Astina is called Emma... at least until I sell it and someone renames it.

I dunno why I called it Emma... I actually decided that the name fit before I realised "Emma" could be a way to pronounce "M.A." as in Mazda Astina. Also, "Emma Astina" has a nice alliterative rhythm to it.

G

Unregistered
My girl friend subscribes to the thinking that you should name your car after the modle so we've ended up with Lucy the Lancer.

Im not of that thinking though. But the car is a girl so i have to give it a girls name. I was in the process of ginving my girl a name, but then it was abruptly snatched away from me. I was going to call her Elle, a) Because she was beautiful like Elle McPherson and b) because she was THE Galant (El Galant).

But now i have a bit of a delema. I never got to name her but she had a name, so do i stick with the same name or do i give her a new name.

Im thinking Bea (Short for Big Evo or BE).

Yep, Loki is the name of the Super VR-4... named after one of the Norse gods in Viking mythology out to spread mischief and havoc amongst the world.

Ever since i saw the name Loki, i just knew you were refering to the God of mischief and it fits her (or him) perfectly.

marksanne

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Mark
Drive
1999 8G VR2 Galant & 1996 8G VR4 Galant
My oldest Galant (grey 1990 GTi -GSR you call em I believe) is called "the grey one" or more recently "the stinker" (well the Dutch versions of those) (stinker because it has a leak that soaked the carpet which -after quite some time now- smells... well... bad!).

Our 1992 black GTi is called "the black beauty" (in english, not translated).

The 1999 V6 with converted VR4 engine is called "the VR2" (as the engine only drives the front wheels).

And the upcoming white 1998 Legnum VR4 doesn't have a name (yet) but as it is the 2nd Legnum in the Netherlands it's 'Legnum' name is good enough as almost nobody knows what car this reallyt is.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
call my car.. My Bitch.. I ride her hard all the time.. everytime.. and at times she loves it too and screams..

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
call my car.. My Bitch.. I ride her hard all the time.. everytime.. and at times she loves it too and screams..

ROFL you're a "shocker" Christian ;)

(some of the QLD boys will get that joke...)

cheers

Lee

p.s. I have no idea how you managed to get a cool GF who helps you buy parts for your car... :)

G

Unregistered
Mine is called "Bastard" in reference to James Dean's Lil' Bastard.

I've had girlfriends who helped me buy car audio! And yes, shocker is so apt...

Leigh

Top Bottom