DVR aka Danny // NSW

DVR

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Danny
Drive
Delica mainly
I read here I should say g'day after joining, so g'day.

I don't have a vr4 but am so impressed by the motor, a 13tt, I bought one.

Not sure what to do with it but I'll find something to put it into.

In the meantime I'll be on here often trying to learn more about this motor and its potential.

Cheers
Danny

G

Unregistered
Welcome to the forum.

I don't have a vr4 but am so impressed by the motor, a 13tt, I bought one.

Not sure what to do with it but I'll find something to put it into.

In the meantime I'll be on here often trying to learn more about this motor and its potential.

I hear they go really good in a Galant or Legnum with 4WD :p

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Or maybe with an engine bay with far more room than ours!

Let us know what you've got planned. Mmm, Delica :D

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I say dump it in to the most random car ever.. Just because you can, and it'll scare the nuts off people hahaha..

Something little, and unexpected :p

DVR

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Danny
Drive
Delica mainly
Thanks for the welcome.

Yes something small and light would be good. I think this must be one of the smallest V6s available that has more than a decent amount of power.

Dimensionally it is; length 460cms, height centre crank pulley to top of inlet manifold 475cms, width cam cover to cam cover 60cms.I weighed it at 189kgs with turbos, a/c compressor, alternator, p/s pump but no flywheel or auto convertor. That's not bad considering it has a cast block. Also could lose a bit especially that heavy a/c bracket.

It is excessively wide unfortunately, especially with the way the r/h turbo is fitted. Nothing a custom manifold couldn't fix.

It will have to sit in a corner though until my current project is finished.

As for getting one of the proper cars to fit it in, maybe. I do like the vr4. Wife has an older Calibra turbo AWD so I do know how well awd cars can be especially in the wet. Hmm, converting that with a vr4 powertrain...na the cost and complications would be too huge.

Cheers

Top Bottom