twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Well I am currently installing an e-boost street, and I am after some help locating a RPM signal wire. To be specific the manual says "3.5v to 12v square wave (rpm) signal". I have looked at the ECU wiring diagram that Kat posted, but really I am unsure what exactly I am looking for. Is it just one of the injector signals?

Help please.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Anyone know the signal output of the Ignition Failure Sensor (IFS), the one that controls the RPM gauge (so I just found out), or the coil pack signal?

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
An update on this for future reference, the IFS does give an RPM signal, connector C37, Pin8 on the ECU is where I took the pickup from.
When I did this however, I lost my dash tacho (ie read 0). After picking Dave's (merlin) brain, I effectively boosted the signal from C37, P8 by bridging a switched 12V from C33 Pin 25 to it with a 1500ohm resistor. Signal now has enough power and both the dash tacho and E-boost tacho work in harmony. Thanks again Dave!

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
RPM signal wire soldered onto C37, Pin8 wire, and a 1500 ohm resistor soldered between C37, Pin8 wire and C33 Pin 25.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Hmmm, Turbosmart say to fit a 3.3K resistor between the signal wire and the e boost 2 controller (I assume the street is the same). Based on that you don't need to amplify the signal, just resist the current drawn from the EBC so the tacho still works.... Anyway, that's how mine is setup and it works a treat.

Same for evo's.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
I emailed turbosmart about it, and never got a response. My initial thought was to put a resistor in the rmp signal wire, but after speaking with dave, he suggested boosting the signal. I did however try to put the resistor inline, but had no success (I think I only got upto about 2300 ohm due to the resistors I had). Having said that, when I did add this resistance, the rpm indicator worked momentarily on start up, and then returned to 0, so I tried what Dave suggested.

devol

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
gavin
Drive
s1 galant-04 pajero
hey rob, fixed it yet,
i have a eboost2 and installed myself.with a little help from tandy's.
i just T wired into rpm signal,from pauls - http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?790-ECU-pinout-wiring-diagram-(please-post-any-info) in wiring diagram it is'connector 3 - position 8 the wire going just to the ebc i put a resistor in with a heat sheild cover. the resistor i obtained can not remember the specs but took this info to tandy's and asked for it " from the disc that was with ebc i got".

MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE D32A 4G63 95.6 ~ ONWARDS
MITSUBISHI LANCER CP9A 4G63 99.1 ~ ONWARDS
MITSUBISHI LANCER CP9A 4G63 98.1 ~ 98.12
MITSUBISHI LANCER CN9A 4G63 96.8 ~ 97.12

Note: For your rpm signal to work correctly with this ECU you may need to place a33K ohm ¼ watt resistor (Colour code: orange, orange, orange, gold) in series with the yellow rpm input wire before connecting to the ECU.worked well with factory rpm-
this is for a eboost2 and not sure if eboost street is the same but should​

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Yes it is working as per above post

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yeah I found it best just to ring them and speak to Richard in Sydney for any tech questions....

The 2300ohm would probably still draw too much away from the tacho, in effect amplifying the signal like Rob has done still works tho.... just involves more cutting into the harness which i always try to avoid (just one of those personal things, I'll run cable a million miles to avoid drilling a hole as well).

Gavin you mean 3.3K not 33K, 33K would probably mean the controller won't get any signal (tacho would work though).

How have you guys found the controllers?

Top Bottom