Edward Lee's Auto Center Legnum Review/For Sale

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
This busy (and overpriced) import car yard is just behind my house. I've seen this Legnum there for almost 5 months now. Maybe because of it's original $25,300 price tag.
It's now been dropped to $19,999 now.
Stooges.

G

Unregistered
lol been there before, totally over priced and full of bs. when we where looking astagea'a and legnum's there was a CC FWD lancer there with the EVOII kit and a 4G63 evo motor in it. the chcik was trying to tell us that it was 4WD its a GSR, and im like well where is the rear diff? and she's like its there, and it also had the rear drum's on the back not even calipers lol. so anyway we laughed at her and went to SAF's across the road and got me self a legnum lol.

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
I'm quite ashamed to admit, I actually bought my car from these buffoons :banghead:

From the clown behind the camera, not the one in front of it....and not for anywhere near the sticker price they had on mine. I can safely say I would never deal with them again, nor refer anyone else to them either.

Dimi, I live quite close to you it seems...I'm in Concord....perhaps an inner west meet could be arranged sometime :)

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Dimi, I live quite close to you it seems...I'm in Concord....perhaps an inner west meet could be arranged sometime :)
Hell yeah. We'll do another wash meet again soon.
Btw, what didn't you like the most about Edward Lee's?

Hang on Mick, is that you in the white facelift i flashed my lights at the other night around 1:00am on the corner of Concord Road and Patterson Street? You flashed back and waved, right? :D

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I'm quite ashamed to admit, I actually bought my car from these buffoons :banghead:

From the clown behind the camera, not the one in front of it....and not for anywhere near the sticker price they had on mine. I can safely say I would never deal with them again, nor refer anyone else to them either.

Don't worry, so did I..... But i got a good deal through them at the time. Everywhere else i had looked had lesser quality cars for the same price! Seems things have changed down there lol.... This about 18 months ago

They also fixed up an issue i had with the vehicle under warranty no questions asked which is good, so i was happy on that front. They also got me everything I asked for except manual transmission (which i have never seen with what i asked for yet!) so I was happy on that front too.

Those two guys in that video are a pair of knobs to put it politely.... But if you speak to the right person there you can get what you want :)

Would i ever buy a car from them again though? NO!

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
funny thing is i looked at the VR4 there long time ago. i test drove one leggie and well, it was really bad.. things were missing and all that.. i found out dimi test drove the same car~ small world. Funny guys those eddie lee people

I home is at homebush west~ lets meet up mick, dimi~

montgomery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
Mazda Familia GTR
WHOOO Electronic Climate control!!

I got stuck with the vaccum operated version.

Fools.

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
yeah... mate bought a car from these guys once and i drove it back from sydney with him to adelaide. Lucky we checked the oil and coolant levels before we left, they were virtually empty. Oh and the battery was dead.

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
yeah... mate bought a car from these guys once and i drove it back from sydney with him to adelaide. Lucky we checked the oil and coolant levels before we left, they were virtually empty. Oh and the battery was dead.
Damn. How come you travelled all the way near my house to buy a car? Edward Lee's aren't that well priced, are they? :ROFLMAO:

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
This was wholesale price for a very tidy 33...he got it for 10. Through the iron chefs negotiations. Oh and this was in 06...so little money for a lot of car back then.

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
Hell yeah. We'll do another wash meet again soon.
Btw, what didn't you like the most about Edward Lee's?

Hang on Mick, is that you in the white facelift i flashed my lights at the other night around 1:00am on the corner of Concord Road and Patterson Street? You flashed back and waved, right? :D

I'm up for a wash...I usually hold my own wash meet every couple of weeks at the one on Parra Rd in Burwood....just me and my ipod :)

I went to Ed Lees purely to drive a legnum before I set about importing my own and they happened to have a manual with leather in fairly good cond. so after a painful few hours with Phil trying to dazzle me with all his accurate facts, I ended up buying it. A mate of mine had a bunch of hassles with them trying to find a V35 a couple of weeks earlier too.

They are just the stereotypical used car salesmen. I hate being bullsh*tted to and these guys were just talking so much rubbish. I also felt as though I never had his full attention...even when I was almost ready to buy the car, he would still turn to call out to other people while I was in mid-sentence.

Oh and that wasn't me the other morning, I have a trigger mauve prefacelift

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
I'm up for a wash...I usually hold my own wash meet every couple of weeks at the one on Parra Rd in Burwood....just me and my ipod :)
For real? I'm always there once a week usually on a Friday night around 10:00pm with my bucket, bottle of wash and wax and my sponge. After a good scrub with my sponge, i put my two dollars in the machine and give her a hard rinse then dry her off.
We should do it next week - get a few of the boys to come out like Jono, Gorgs, Chris, KB, Hugh and all :D

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
Yeah, I'm keen....I have a 5am start on saturdays though, that's the only downside, but I'm sure I could soldier through it

Top Bottom