Elig and Acre Brake Pads

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Hey guys,

Looking at getting new pads for my Brembos and have narrowed down to these two..

Acre - Super Fighter Brake pads Brembo Caliper - $199 per pair delivered

and

Elig - 2021 EVO Brembo's FRONT $217.80

Has anyone heard anything about or used these pads before? I have just been thru a heap of posts on Evolution OZ and heard good things about these.

I am after a pad that works well obvouisly but also want no noise and little dust.

Comments? Suggestions?

Cheers

G

Unregistered
EBC red stuffs,
i had no issues with sound or stopping with these

Greg GSL

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Greg
Drive
Cross6
Ok, judging by both the Acre Super Fighter (450 degrees) and Elig 2021 (550 degrees), you're not after anything particularly high performance, so I certainly wouldn't be spending that sort of money...

I'd love to be able to flog you some super awesome QFMs, but the Evo stuff is still under development. What we've been selling in place of it is TRW Lucas. Good for 650 degrees, it's what we personally ran in the rally car before switching to the QFM race stuff, is what comes OEM in most high performance Euro cars, and best of all IS CHEAP!

TRW Lucas for the Evo are about $100-$110 for the front set. Or if time is on your side the QFM A1RM should be out in a few weeks, and makes EBC Red look silly at half the price. Have a squiz through here:
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4626

Regards,
Greg

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I have Super Fighters on my car and am quite happy (No I didn't buy them, the car came with them :))

Minimal dust and great performance. Only drama I have with them is they suck ass when they are cold. No better than OEM when cold but when they heat up a bit they are brilliant.

I wouldn't pay $200 a pair for em though, especially not for a street car lol

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Thanks guys!

I went ahead and bought the Elig 2021. All up were $355 (front and rear) delivered so am pretty happy with that.

I am not going to track the car and if i did i would get some track pads for the front anyway. I believe these will be more than enough stopping power for the street and the occasional "spirited driving".

I was looking at getting the QFMs but obviously you do not have them yet. The main thing i am after is low noise. The pads i have in there at the moment are so loud and i am beyond over it. Brake dust is not so much of an issue but would be nice if there was as little as possible.

I think the Elig are a good compromise and the price seems ok too.

I will post up some info once i have recieved them and tested them out.

Cheers

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Just a follow up for anyone who is interested...

I fitted the Elig pads last friday and am very happy.

Brake squeal has dissapeared! The pedal feels much better with the initial bite good for washing off a little speed but with a bit more force grabs very hard.
I used to have stock Brembo pads fitted. Those felt great when hitting the brakes quickly for a quick corner etc. but do not have as much stopping grip as the Eligs.

All up they cost me $345 for front and back delivered. I bought them from Tuspeed who were spot on with communication, service and delivery.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Scott, just wondering if you can provie further feedback about your Elig Brake pads..

I'm just looking at other options for replacing my pads, cause I've driven about 300kms already and the squeal still hasn't gone away..

OT:

I read somewhere that someone here sprays WD-40 to stop the brakes from squealing.. is that safe?!

First Name
ivan
Drive
Prado...
NEVER use lubricating sprays of any sort on brakes!!! WILL CAUSE ZERO BRAKES when you need it!!!!!

There is special brake lub for the backing plate of the pad, where the piston will press against. If there is a lot of dirt, or jammed piston, then this will really help to reduce the noise. A basic brake service will certainly bring to light the cause of extra unwanted noises,,,,

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Missed this post.

The brakes got a bit of a squeal back but they only do it very rarely, my discs also need replacing as they are below the min. thickness. I have heard that RDA's are less prone to squealing also.

The performance of them is good. They take a press or two to warm up but grip well once you drive for a little. I took them on a twisties run (where my discs were glowing) and they still worked perfectly.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Missed this post.

The brakes got a bit of a squeal back but they only do it very rarely, my discs also need replacing as they are below the min. thickness. I have heard that RDA's are less prone to squealing also.

The performance of them is good. They take a press or two to warm up but grip well once you drive for a little. I took them on a twisties run (where my discs were glowing) and they still worked perfectly.

thanks for the reply..

at the moment, I have RDA Slotted on all 4 corners.. and so far have tried QFM HPX and Bendix Ultimate.. both of them squeal-ed alot.. as in ALOT.. kinda embarassed about it actually..

Greg from GSL have sent me a set of 3M sticker (rubber type - dunno what you call it) to use on the back of the pads to minimize the squealing.. but didnt make any difference..

I'm thinking of using other pads soon.. so far what's making the squealing stop is the CRC De-Squeak spray.. works like a treat.. but the noise goes back on after a day or alot of hard braking.. hard braking cant be avoided in our cars since its heavy...

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Dude we have the same problem.

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7604

I have tried so many things I want to die.

I hear elig pads are the quietest... but I had friggin stock brembo pads in and they squealed like anything too.... :(

I tried those 3m sticker shims as well.

thanks for the reply..

at the moment, I have RDA Slotted on all 4 corners.. and so far have tried QFM HPX and Bendix Ultimate.. both of them squeal-ed alot.. as in ALOT.. kinda embarassed about it actually..

Greg from GSL have sent me a set of 3M sticker (rubber type - dunno what you call it) to use on the back of the pads to minimize the squealing.. but didnt make any difference..

I'm thinking of using other pads soon.. so far what's making the squealing stop is the CRC De-Squeak spray.. works like a treat.. but the noise goes back on after a day or alot of hard braking.. hard braking cant be avoided in our cars since its heavy...

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I am also using PBR goo, looks like snot, made bugger all differnce, probably like snot.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
like i said in the above post, CRC De-Squeak works only for a day though.. its in a spray can.. when sprayed on the rotor surface, it looks like mercury..

*NOTE*

If you're gonna try this.. try it first by braking at a low speed..

Top Bottom