Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
Hi Guys,

Been driving a 1993 HJ V6 Galant around for about 8 years now and spotted an 8G VR4 a little while ago and thought, "I have got to get me one of these."

At present, the one I've bought is on it's way from Japan. 1999 Blue Manual FL with 66Kms on the clock. Looks to be in good condition but check out the photos and let me know what you think. Not sure when it will be in my hands but hopefully in the next month. Photos from the dock in Japan.

Outside the above mentioned two beauties, I have a number of (10) old VWs that I drive/tinker/wreck/reassemble. (Need a bigger shed) I play indoor Volleyball and am currently working on building solar/wind powered generation systems for the house and working on plans for a hydrogen powered car. I'm also into photography and computers.

Yeah, it's pretty quiet in my world....not! I'm looking forward to learning more about these gorgeous cars and joining you guys on the road sometime.

Wayne

Attachments

• CA390095adj.JPG
    CA390095adj.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 30
  • CA390096adj.JPG
    CA390096adj.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 30
  • CA390097adj.JPG
    CA390097adj.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 28
  • CA390098adj.JPG
    CA390098adj.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 29

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Welcome along Wayne,

that's the first indigo blue Galant I've seen in a while (perhaps ever) - what an awesome colour!

I think it needs bigger wheels though, that style seems to make them look extra small :)

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
Thanks Lee,

I thought the same thing and I think it needs to be lowered a little too. Will wait for it to arrive before I look at options.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Welcome to the site Wayne. I'm with Lee, that's a fantastic colour, those photos look unreal, well done!! :)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Welcome Wayne! Like the others have said, awesome colour :D Can't wait to see you on a cruise. Perhaps the Nav run on the 15th Nov??

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Oh wow thats nice :)

Just needs a new set of wheels quickly haha..

Bet you cant wait to get it! These cars are just brilliant, alot of bang for your buck!

My parents used to have the same model Galant as what you have! Great memories from my childhood of that car haha..

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
Thanks Paul.. Hope to find out tomorrow when she arrives... (Yep, she's already been named.)

Thanks Tom, Can't wait to get her.... The list of potential changes is growing......

My HJ Galant goes in for the lifters to be replaced next week. Hopefully that will get the fuel economy below 8ltrs/100km around the city....

We originally had a '76 GD Galant... Strange how these things stick with you over the years.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
Ha~ that right wayne. I had two civics and an accord. finally moved on from honda to mitsu family and it was a hard decision. nice car by the way. great colour as well. In this web site, there are great people who will help you out to modify your ride and keep it on the road. Welcome and great to hear tere is another NSW driver~

p.s yes.. new wheels..

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
Unfortunately, the new wheels and other purchases are going to have to wait. Someone tried to park a late 80's Camry in the boot of my HJ Galant today... All funds for extra curicular activites just got frozen... Luckily I'd already paid for the VR4 before this happened..

Still no word on the boat bringing her across though. Looks like the old Dak Dak (1972 Type 3 Notchback, my first car before I went Mitsubishi) will be transport of choice for awhile.

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Aww that sucks dude!:( Hope it works out and whoever can't park pays what they need to!

On a positive note; that paint is so shiny I reckon I can see the future! Great pickup and I'll bet once you get it you'll be trying to work out how to move your house in there.:D

Top Bottom