Engine fuse blowing :(

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
cheers mate, i went over all the loom i could but could not find an issue with it.
it hasn't happened since i have replaced my IFS tho so pretty sure that was my cause.

SpoonCivic

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Carl
Drive
Legnum VR4 Evolution, Pajero Mini VR-II, Stagea AR-X
Thought I could share our experience in this matter...
A decent number of VR4s already have had or going to have similar issues.
This is worth checking on all VR4s.
I believe this is what "VR4 WRC" is talking about.
The cause of an blown 20A engine fuse is often an damaged plastic cable/loom pipe and rubbing against the motor / transmission / any metallic surface under the hood.
Pictures says more than a thousand words, right? So here are the pics.
All pics are (C) Jani Tasanko of Mitsubishi Club Finland (MCF)
Green circles and arrows in the pictures point to the affected area
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

SpoonCivic

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Carl
Drive
Legnum VR4 Evolution, Pajero Mini VR-II, Stagea AR-X
No problem. You are welcome :) A decent number of Legnum and Galant owners in our small club have avoided all the issues just by doing an ocular inspection of the loom. The plastic tube shielding deteriorates over time due to heat and vibration.

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
well this keeps happening to me every now and again. Only usually within a few minutes from starting and driving either hitting a bump or boosting in second gear only then backing off will generally cause the fuse to blow.

i went through the wiring today but couldn't find any damage, i also retaped and covered the wiring in conduit but when i did a lap of the workshop and boosted then off in second gear it blew the fuse again :(

any ideas?

Top Bottom