Evo 2 with welded rear diff?

tomnurkz

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Bryan
Drive
galant
Gday Vr4 members

Asking for your opinion in the amount of work that may be needed to repair a welded diff in a Lancer Evo 2 that I'm interested in buying..

Here is the advertisement for the car, I wish to replace the center diff and remove the plates from the front drive shafts?? and have the awd back and working as normal, your rough thoughts and any ideas in what path will be needed to take to change it back to normal any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.australialisted.com/ad/contact/17761405

tomnurkz

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Bryan
Drive
galant
Apparently still for sale, thinking it may be too much work and cost wise

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
It's actually not that much work, I've done something similar and welded my centre (giving exact 50/50 split)

And yes, I've eyed this car for a while, was sold on original, then someone else bought and re selling.

Your only biggest drama is getting hold of the Evo centre diff, evo 1-3 gearboxes are like diamonds (real hard to get hold of), Then trying to get hold of the Driveshafts with the right spline count.

I know drivetrain for this generation very well, or alternatively you can buy a Mitsubishi rvr, use the full drivetrain (downside is, the EVO 1-3 has double Syncro,toughest around)

Or, you can contact the states for the centre diff and Driveshafts by giving the box number to jacks transmissions, tre, etc
Because the mitsubishi dsm 1g and 2g are identical, just no double Syncro

tomnurkz

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Bryan
Drive
galant
Thanks for the information Donkay going to look further into it.

Top Bottom