dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
Hey guys, need some help figuring out this damn Recaro from an IX MR

And before you flame me for not searching, i have and theres no threads/posts relating to this particular problem.

Ive been looking at Both the Bride and Recaro genuine rails,
however, Recaro dont have a rail 'application' guide on any websites, so i cant find the rail-to-seat bolt spacings.

The mount/bolt locations on the bottom of my Evo IX MR Recaro are

Front
0<---405mm--->0
^
|
300ish mm Drivers(right)
|
0--------------0
Rear

Thats looking at the bottom of the seat.
The Bride RO and RX type rails have the right width, 405mm but the max length is only 260mm.
And as i mentioned, Recaro dont list any measurements or rail applications anywhere.

So what i'm after, is
-Recaro seat bolt spacings on any/all Evo Recaros anyone has (to see if the measurements vary between 5>6>7>8>9 (1-3 are different from my research, then X is different again)
-on factory Recaro rails, what the bolt hole location measurements are (i can easily order a Recaro rail, i need to check measurements first) to see if the length of bolt holes matches up
-If possible, pictures of a Evo 4-9 Recaro on FACTORY Recaro rail in a Legnum ( ive been told an Evo Recaro sits up fairly high compared to a pov/base spec seat)
If you are in Sydney with an Evo Recaro on factory recaro rail could i come and check it out/have a sit and check headroom?
-If you've used a different brand(Bride/Wedge Eng/etc) Sliding rail on your EVO Recaro, what model/part number did you use?

Sorry for all the demands, but I really need to get my head around this so i can order a rail while i still have some play money!

Also, my Recaro has the slider adjustment arm already attached with brackets that look like they will hit the slider? anyone elses Recaros have the slider adjust arm on the base of the seat, rather than the slider rail itself?

Thanks In Advance,
Cameron

Lucadou

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Cam
Drive
97 White Regnamu
I've got recaro's, not sure what model (though I thought most recaros had the same spacing). They've got bride rails model no. M038SO. I can get measurements if you'd like.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
Yeah, if you don't mind getting measurements that'd be really apprecaiated.
A quick google suggests that M038SO is the Passenger side, 37 is Drivers.
the main measurement ii need the the front to rear spacing of the bolt on the seat base,
if they arent Wide enough i can (sort of) easily fix that with a bit of flat bar but lengthways would be somewhat harder.

Left to right is 405mm which i believe is the same for all 4-bolt Recaros,
but my Front to Rear measurement is 302ish mm which doesnt seem to line up with any Bride rails

In the mean time, ive just bought this in the hope it will fit.
It's a Recaro rail to suit EA3W Legnum, which i am really hoping is the same!
http://www.upgarage.com/upgarage/stock/1/2/1208118005071/118?size=s

If its wrong, ive lost $180~ haha

Lucadou

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Cam
Drive
97 White Regnamu
Ok, they're SR seats, with 6bolts so probably irrelevant. Anyway bolt holes are about 240 and 260mm front to rear, 390mm side.

evo-gsr

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jamo
Drive
Legnum And Evo
FYI.....Evo 1-6 all have the same rails.
I know this for a fact, as I have Evo 6 rails and Recaros in my Evo 3, which were a straight swap for my old Evo 3 seats.

Top Bottom