fabing intake pipes from turbo inlet to filter

jimslick

Crunching Gears
First Name
jim
Drive
99 vr4
hey lads sorry if this has been discussed before, but i'm looking at fabing pipes from the inlet on the turbos all the way to the the filter(as in the title) so is the placement of the AFM critical? i've heard it's got to be as far away from the filter as possible. from a quick look the pipes running from the front turbo look quite constrictive so i'd like to free them up a bit, but looks like i'll have to re-fab the top pipe from the throttle body to make a bit of room.. if anyone has any photo's of this done would be helpfully. was thinking of picking up cold air from where the origial get the cold air, so pod filter will be in similar postion. any help appreciated.
cheers jim

G

Unregistered
pros made an inlet pipe but you may be able to find some pics on the web. I've only ever seen one.

jimslick

Crunching Gears
First Name
jim
Drive
99 vr4
okay so i've bought the right pod filter for the lrggy, and have just taken out the airbox an bolted the filter upto the AFM whaere it normally is. the car seems to run and idle fine..this is just the first stage( i can be arsed getting the welder out and fabbing the rest of it just yet) but i have noticed when i'm in 4th (auto) and the revs are lowish there seems to be a judder in the arse end. which i;m assuming is the AYC. so i think i'll have to give her a birthday and change the fluids..

Top Bottom