Factory Strut Brace

karlous54

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Karl
Drive
2000 Vr4 Manuel
How effective is the factory strut brace ? Just asking as ive brought a DRC intercooler kit but the pipe that comes off the rear turbo sits to high and would hit the factory strut brace, so that would mean the strut brace would have to go? Im thinking about flaggin it but just thought i would see what you guys think, cheers !

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
It's important. You would notice the difference in the first corner if you removed it.
(that's if you plan on getting through corners with any sort of speed and control. If all you care about it straight line speed, go right ahead and remove it..)

karlous54

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Karl
Drive
2000 Vr4 Manuel
Yeah handling is a biggy for me ah, might try and find some other piping instead :S

G

Unregistered
have any of you actually DRIVEN with the strut brace off?

because i have, and the chassis itself is quite stiff, so a brace is not REQUIRED. you can get slimmer aftermarket ones however, or even a custom made one to suit your needs.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I'd take it back and smack them over the head with it :)Get it rebuilt.The other option is that there are some Cusco Front strut braces available which are a different design, not sure if they will fix your problem though, but they might

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
have any of you actually DRIVEN with the strut brace off?

because i have, and the chassis itself is quite stiff, so a brace is not REQUIRED. you can get slimmer aftermarket ones however, or even a custom made one to suit your needs.

I have, there's a definite and noticable difference. Not a "oh my god it's horrible now" difference, but I could definitely notice it wasn't as sharp at the initial turn in and the whole steering just felt to lag a little. The chassis is quite stiff and since we don't have a MacPherson strut setup a strut brace doesn't make as big of a difference, but there are still advantages to be had by having it there.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Differennt brace but food for thought-
I have a cross brace under the car, you know the one mounted using some suspension mounts?
Well i fitted RPW's front pipes and the brace wouldn't fit, so it's off and honestly I can't tell the difference!

G

Unregistered
I have, there's a definite and noticable difference. Not a "oh my god it's horrible now" difference, but I could definitely notice it wasn't as sharp at the initial turn in and the whole steering just felt to lag a little. The chassis is quite stiff and since we don't have a MacPherson strut setup a strut brace doesn't make as big of a difference, but there are still advantages to be had by having it there.

oh for sure, there is definately a noticeable difference, but the chassis won't turn into jelly without it. :)

Top Bottom