Falcon XR8

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
If you do fall in love with the XR8 tomorrow, go back for another test drive when it is raining, or let us give the VR-4 a boost controller, an intercooler and an exhaust!

G

Unregistered
Go a holden v8 dont be stupid and go for a ford. A ss can get 600 to 650km on a long cruize with 75l tank and a ls edit and the sales figures talk for them selves!!!

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
no offense tommo but the only problem with a commodore is well... they are common... i see about 10 SS's to 1 XR8, if that :p

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Go a holden v8 dont be stupid and go for a ford. A ss can get 600 to 650km on a long cruize with 75l tank and a ls edit and the sales figures talk for them selves!!!

The sales figures don't really mean it's a better car (FYI I have no real opinion on the cars in question just wanted to express this point about sales). Commodore is the biggest name in the market, it's practically guaranteed to sell, but it doesn't mean it's a better car. The same thing happens in all industries, the highest selling guitar doesn't mean it's the best (highest selling guitars in Australia are generally entry level Fender/Epiphone and Ashton).

It all comes down to marketing.

G

Unregistered
Seems to me, a few people keep trying to push the vr4 factor in this thread. Whilst i own a vr4, and prefer it over my previously owned xr6t, both cars are very different, and it still doesn't answer the quetion of xr6t vs xr8! I would ideally love to own an xr8 one day, as far as i'm aware, the mark 2 xr8 was a great car, fuel economy is never going to be great, but just as i found in my xr6t, you should be able to get it to around 14l/100km in the city, as long as you drive pretty sensibly

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
The article posted by Raz sums it up lol.......

XR6T..... Better performance and a more balanced car with better fuel economy (even though you'll need to run 95RON)

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
the only thing ford has going for it's xr8 is the fact that holden is already almost a litre more in displacement for the same power, i would like to see ford bring out a 6.0 or 6.3L to see what they are capable of, but as far as tuning capability and value for money it really does look like the xr6t has the goods, for the price difference for the v8 or options you can buy mods for the xr6t but then again it would be interesting to see what would happen if the xr8 got a turbo......

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Seems to me, a few people keep trying to push the vr4 factor in this thread. Whilst i own a vr4, and prefer it over my previously owned xr6t, both cars are very different, and it still doesn't answer the quetion of xr6t vs xr8!

I agree... we are all here because we like VR-4s and yes we know they are great cars. But the original question wasn't about VR-4s.

It's like asking which is better, Red Delicious or Granny Smith, and getting an answer like "wtf you eating apples for? Oranges are WAY better!"

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I agree... we are all here because we like VR-4s and yes we know they are great cars. But the original question wasn't about VR-4s.

It's like asking which is better, Red Delicious or Granny Smith, and getting an answer like "wtf you eating apples for? Oranges are WAY better!"

It's a bit more like asking "which is better, Red Delicious or Granny Smith" on an Oranges forum :p lol

G

Unregistered
True I would agree Paul i havent looked at it from that angle. If you have had a xr6t go the v8 try something different a change is as good as a holiday. The capa dot com dot au site will have a few mods that will be able to get the xr up to the VR4 pace.

Robotnik123

Crunching Gears
First Name
Jan
Drive
1999 Legnum VR-4 Type S
test drive

So took one for a test drive the other day. I have to say it was really nice. The V8 motor sounded most excellent and looking out over the power bulge on the bonnet - I was like wow!

The torque was definitely there and it did not seem too boat like on the corners either. I had an interesting moment when I disengaged the traction control and gave it a bit too much gas - LOL!

One thing you do notice is that lots of people turn to look as you drive by. It is kinda rare here in NZ and I guess there is that aura of the V8 super car thing, so that might explain it.

Anyway, I did not buy it but I reckon I might get one at some point - provided I can get permission from the wife!

Top Bottom