NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
hi guys

i was hoping for some advice, i have just received a letter from some guys insurance company (AAMI)

in it had the following
  • a letter from AAMI stating the amount owed, my name and address. the date the incident happened and what road. guys name
  • the repair invoice parts, labour, paint etc, model, guys name etc
  • an AAMI assessment summary of what the damage was (all it says is rear bumper and hatch pushed in) and the repair place details. guys name, date of incident and time
things they dont provide me with
  • my car make, model, colour
  • who was driving my car
  • license number
  • insurance details

the repair was $1420 but they want $1580

now, this accident never occurred. i drive down that road all the time (tullamarine fwy). im the only one that drives the car and i've never ever even had to stop to provide my details for over 5 years.

also, the accident happened on 4th September 2013, assetment 17th dec, the repair invoice done 17th december 2013 and the invoice from repairer sent to AAMI in 8th july 2014 (not sure on when it was actually repaired)

does anyone have any insight on fraudulent claims? i ask here because i got the letter when i got home after work and AAMI collections are closed.

is it unusual to be hit up for it a year later? i've had two minor accidents and it was all sorted within a week or two, and so much information was requested through CGU (i honestly had to draw them a picture and provide photos)

any help is appreciated, i will be talking to AAMI tomorrow and providing no additional information that they dont have.

Shamwow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
Commodore (dont hate, its for work) & MY16 WRX Premium
Seems really dodgy Is it definitely from AAMI? Call AAMI via the number on their website, in case the number on the letter is false.
Wouldnt they deal directly with your insurance company? unless you are not insured

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
hi mate, the phone number is legit. the bpay number appears legit too. it goes to AAI LTD which own AAMI

im not sure on how they'd get a hold of my insurance, years ago (5+) i had two accidents at my fault and the letters came to me, then i handed them to the insurance company and it was dealt with,

i dont know which car is meant to have been involved (i have two), i've sold 2 cars 2 years before that but never had any odd things like tickets coming to me and they've been keeping up registering them

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
Ok so it turns out there is a police report that mentions two cars and this guys

Then there is a second police report for further investigation that has my rego, make and model but no info on what I did or how I was involved. This info was provided by citilink I think

aami gave me a fair bit of info about who to contact and which station so I'll start there tomorrow

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Sounds like a witch hunt... who was traveling on the road that day, must've been their (your) fault right?

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
If it is at all true, shouldn't you have gotten a knock at the door from the police long ago for leaving the scene of an accident?

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
Premium Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
Man what a pain in the ass. Innocent until proven guilty my ass.

d3ck5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dexter
Drive
VR4, VR6
in for comments.

good luck with it all. im sure youll be fine, but its just one of those things that make you quadruple think your actions and makes you go a little bit mental.

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
further info i've dug up is i was sick that week from work and so was my boy, so we were at home looking after each other.

i think my wife went to work that day, then finished early. the incident was at 7:20am but my ETAG says we went through at 7:40am and back again around 8:50am (i think she went home to look after us cos we were sick lol)

theres no details on if it was inbound or outbound, or even how my car is implicated.just that its rego was recorded as being there by citilink and thats it. AAMI are pretty retarded if thats all they are going on

the officer that took the report is on training until the 16th, so i will just have to wait until then. i spoke to one cop at kyneton where the officer works and they were pretty cool about it and helpful and probably think its a misunderstanding and the information was provided by citilink was probably incorrect.

still upsetting to have to deal with just before christmas a year after this apparently happened, i have to hold onto 1,500 bucks now just in-case shit goes sour

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
AAMI got a hold of the police, there is no footage. nobody put in a claim against me. all they have is citilink told the cops my car was there, somewhere.

witch hunt to find someone to cough up

its all been called off, i am a free man.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Not a very good show by AAMI to serve you with the original letter before checking the facts.
Glad it's been dismissed.

Top Bottom