Flashing dash cluster, won't start

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
For those with batteries that aren't working properly due to sulfation caused by accidentally deep cycling, you might want to try using a desulfator. Basically what these things do is cause electrical pulses which penetrate the sulphur crystals built up on the electrode plates, which breaks them down allowing the sulphur to mix back into the (sulphuric) acid solution. This reduces internal conductive resistence which substantially increases both battery performance and life.

If you're not into reading techno-jargon and weilding a soldering iron, you can alternatively get one prebuilt from Jaycar electronics.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Battery had two dead cells in it. Replaced with a 450CCA Century unit, with a bigger clamp and bigger terminals. Runs beautifully now ;)

How much did the battery set you back if you don't mind me asking?

and if you know a model for the battery that would be good too :D

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I will have to look at the receipt to give a definate figure, but from memory, 450CCA century battery(60LS i think?), forged brass terminals and battery clamp was just shy of the $190 mark.

Was all bought at Battery World. Will suss the recipt and give you guys product codes. ;)

Top Bottom