Fog/Driving lights falling out

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Mine keep working loose for some reason and its crazy tight behind them to try to see why. Anyone else had this problem? It's even worse now that I have stiffer suspension.

Right now I just keep pushing them back in and I can feel clips or something behind locking into place, but they just don't seem to want to stay.

Suggestions?

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
One of my fogs is loose, but it's never fallen out. Jon mentioned that one of the clips behind it had broken.

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
Pretty sure the clips/mount point actually breaks mate, my Galant had the same issue on one side, I would suggest taking the bar off and coming up with a way of securing the light as it is probably broken, I aslways meant to do it but never got the chance

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Race tape and cable ties are no doubt the solution to this problem.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Ok, might have to pull some stuff off over the weekend. Is it hard to get the front bar off?

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
Pretty easy mate, there is a diy guide on here, I think Derek (Mookers) did it

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
But 2 bolts each end of the bar (behind the guard liner, quater inch ratchet and extension works a treat), grill has little clips that you push down with a small screwdriver and pull on the griile gently as you push the clips, once the grill is removed remove the headlights which have 3 bolts each and the wiring looms to each bulb, once the headlights are out you will expose all of the black round clips accross the top of the bumper- remove all of these, then from memory the bar should just slide off

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
You don't need to remove the front bar. I had to pop them out when upgrading the bulbs to HID. Jack the front of the car up and push on them from inside the bumper. They will pop out and all will become obvious. There will be plenty of things behind the fog lights to be an anchoring point for cable ties. There is also a little shelf above the fog lights you could drive some screws through to keep them in place.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
I agree with Steve, you don't need the front bar off, there is plenty of access when jacked up on stands. Although it would make the job easier, it is largely not required.

Having said this, any opportunity to drive around with the front bar or bonnet off should be siezed.

Shamwow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
Commodore (dont hate, its for work) & MY16 WRX Premium
Mine used to drag along the road. Tried some things first, even used a small pine wedge to hold it in haha. Ended up just getting the foglight covers

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
One of mine fell out a while ago was only held in by the cable, the mounting point had broken, I glued & used a thin metal strip with hole in it & screwed it to the fog light & the other hole lined up with the mounting hole. You dont need to take the bumper bar off

Top Bottom