Fog light issues

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Since getting the car, my fog lights havent worked. A couple of people mentioned that the compliance workshop cut the wires to them for whatever reason and it was a simple task to get them working again. But checking mine this arvo, there was no cut, so im beginning to think it might be fuse related.

P6220001edit.jpg

1 and 2 are spots where the fusebox cover suggests there should be fuses for what looks like the fog lights. Should there be fuses there?

3 is a fuse that always blows, as soon as i replace the fuse, then start the car, its blown. It seems to control the front parking lights (i.e. i dont actually have front parking lights), is this at all related to the fog lights?

BTW i checked all other fuses that are indicated to be related to the fog lights, including replacing the fuses just in case, they were all fine.

cheers,

BB

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Not sure dion - my fog lights havent worked because my switch in the cabin is stuffed.... I've got a new switch coming this week so if no-one else can help before that I'll let ya know.

bratwurst_boy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
daniel
Drive
98 legnum type s, jzza70 supra
i have the exact problem that you do execpt that my fog light leads were cut so i connected them back up and still no workie, how do you tell if the switch is buggered????

G

Unregistered
P6220001edit.jpg

position 1 should have a fuse in it, the little 10a fuse you say keeps blowing is the fuse for the fog lights.
one of my fog lights wasnt working and i checked the wires and one wire was fryed witch was not letting the current through.
try check the wires at the light then follow the wire, there has to be a prob down the line somewhere if the fuse keeps blowing.
cheers joe

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Joe, i had a bit of a look at the wires to the fog lights and they all seem fine, but i will have a proper look on the weekend with a torch.

Lee, id also like to know how to tell if the switch is buggered?

cheers

BB

Scubasteve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
P6220001edit.jpg

position 1 should have a fuse in it, the little 10a fuse you say keeps blowing is the fuse for the fog lights.
one of my fog lights wasnt working and i checked the wires and one wire was fryed witch was not letting the current through.
try check the wires at the light then follow the wire, there has to be a prob down the line somewhere if the fuse keeps blowing.
cheers joe
Dragging up an old thread I know. But does anyone know where the issue for fuse marked number 3 in this pic. It is for your drivers side parkers front and rear. I've now seen 3 other galants without right parkers and think that this may be a common problem with hopefully a simple fix.

Xoxide

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
'98 Legnum
Strange you mention it, because I'm having the exact same issue and struggling to find a fix. My drivers side front parker and rear parker are gone, which also seems to have taken out the fogs.
Fuse keeps blowing which makes me think there's a short somewhere.

I've heard that there is a "safety feature" on these apparently that link the interior/acc lights to your parkers, meaning that when you lose a parker, the loss of interior accessories is suppose to indicate to you that a fuse has gone. I have a feeling it might be two ways, if something inside the cabin has been shorted (CD players, gauges, boost controllers etc).

It's such an odd thing to lose... you'd think if you lost parkers, you'd have both fronts and rears on independent fuses/relays... I havn't seen any other cars that lose one specific side.

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
They seem to have the left side parkers and tail lights on 1 fuse and the right side parkers and tail lights on the other. At least my FL does. I found this out when I accidentally shorted the drivers side parkers while connecting the halos.

MJKvr4

Newbie on the loose
First Name
Michael
Drive
2002 Legnum
Same type of problem here, tried to swap to LED s in the parkers and fogs and wont work at all , blu many fuses swapping the rest of the over (interior and exterior) once in but has stopped now , but could explain why the voltage regulator is now playing up though

Scubasteve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
Played around again with this today and started a little fire in behind my dash. Somewhere can't find the issue I gather it's a wire shorting in there somewhere but don't know where. Any suggestions ?

Top Bottom