Front axles

newbz03

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brendan
Drive
Legnum
Need help..can anyone tell me where can get replacement front axles or if magna axles will fit. Mine are stuffed and need new ones

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
can't be reconditioned?

as far as I remember, it cost quite a bit for brand new units?

G

Unregistered
No known aftermarket alternatives. You can either try to get yours reconditioned somewhere or buy new genuine items.You would be best to find out exactly what is wrong with them because it could save you a heap.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Trust me, I bought one new it's something to avoid if possible as is not friendly on the wallet

Grey_Ghost

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
1997 Trigger PFL Manual Legnum.
One is a solid lump with that hub, and has a broken outer CV. The other has a very loose inner joint, we just rebooted it to keep it together. The half shaft looks like this now.

Honest question, would the half shaft likely have damaged the gearbox? This was done in a "round the block" test of about 400m or so. It started leaking when we pulled back in the driveway, first we'd just assumed one of the dodgy CVs had packed it in.

A wreck donating it's shafts is the going option, and the set of Facelift hubs I have here'll be fitted once I can get the shell somewhere where rolling doesn't matter.

IMG_20160904_1348282.jpg

monktt

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Marcus
Drive
1997 Galant VR4 (AYC) 5MT
Good Day Folks,

Quick question I know our transfer case's are from the Evolution 4 so wouldn't the axles be the same? If that's the case shouldn't that give us some after market options to secure axles or for the least replacement cups.

I purchased the cups for the 3.0 V6 out of the US and the mounted without issues, however there is an oil jacket inside the cup (driver side) that eventually sprung a leak and cause a c colossal mess in the engine bay spewing gearbox oil all over the place. The passenger cup is still running strong.

Just my $0.02 and possible options.

regards,

Top Bottom