Galant/Legnum stock BOV bypass

G

Unregistered
Hi Gents,

Just picked up a Galant only to find that somebody has dicked around with the intercooler piping, it has a FMIC with silicon hoses as well as a pod filter. I want to put as much stock piping back into it as possible as well as a stock BOV, also an airbox would be nice.

...However i was looking around and i cannot seem to find where the stock BOV plumbs back into, i know it should be after the AFM but before the turbo inlet- can anybody help?

Also if somebody here is selling stock piping/airbox i would be very appreciative.

Regards,
Daniel

G

Unregistered
The BOV sits between the intercooler outlet and the throttle body. Usually you can see it by looking under the front passenger side of the car. If you have aftermarket piping there is a possibility that it might not have a connection for a BOV there.

G

Unregistered
yeah i can see the bov and where it is connected on the cold side of the intercooler- my question is where does it plumb back to?, being that stock bov is a plumb-back or bypass valve.

G

Unregistered
i see! thanks for your help. It explains why i have not been able to figure it out- somebody has replaced the piping from the Y piece to the front turbo with crappy silicon bends and lots of hose clamps, i should take a photo so you can all have a great laugh.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Please do, I like laughing at peoples dodgy mods, makes me feel better about mine

G

Unregistered
If it's done properly it's probably not such a bad idea, because the factory piping there is a weird, convoluted flattened plastic pipe. But, please humour us!

G

Unregistered
i am used to people doing dodgy mods but HOW is that better than stock? hahaha

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i am used to people doing dodgy mods but HOW is that better than stock? hahaha

its better cause it doesn't expand like the oem hoses that we have in the car..

no hose expansion= better engine response and no loss of pressure..

G

Unregistered
the number of points of failure makes this not worth it. I put large black zipties along the hoses in my TT supra, that fixed the expansion of the hose.

Top Bottom