Galant Vr4 launch / Liberty B4 launch comparison

Fazzle

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony (Fazz)
Drive
S1 Galant
A few nights ago I was out with some mates getting photos of our cars. A mate and myself were interested to get videos of our cars launching to see the difference.

If you don't know the B4 Liberty's well, pretty much they don't hit boost until 5000rpm. This is not to say I don't love his car! They are so nice to drive and when you finally do hit boost it's a big throwback.

Anyways, here are some videos.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
yes but they can both be launched harder. my mate has a b4, about the same power as my leggie and yes it has much less low down but by god it kicks up high. just needs more revs and dumpage :)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
A B4 zoomed passed me yesterday, sounded like it was pretty hard down on the throttle and very loud.. but didn't seem to move away from me that fast! I was doing 40, just left traffic lights when he came off a side street

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
Staged turbos do that, b4s have an aweful flat spot between turbos...
Subaru changed to a twin scroll set up after this though

That galant looks like it takes off straight away, b4 looks really unimpressive in comparison :)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
My mate just bought a Legacy. "Valley of death" is not just an expression used to describe the problem apparently....

Awesome vids too :D

Fazzle

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony (Fazz)
Drive
S1 Galant
Thanks guys, interesting comments. I currently have the owner of the B4 next to me and he is embarrassed haha.

Yes Mitchie you are correct haha. We didn't do a side by side because it's not on a drag strip. We were planning on going to the drag strip but didn't get around to it and he sold it last weekend (now has a AE86 turbo sprinter).

Going to the drags this wednesday to hopefully run. Will try get some friends to take videos of that.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Subaru badly messed up the sequential TT set up on the B4 and it's telling behind the wheel.

I remember driving a TT Supra and how well set up from the factory that was. Jumping into a B4 felt like the car had some mechanical issue in the "valley of death"!

Fazzle

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony (Fazz)
Drive
S1 Galant
I was much the same on my first drive of the car. It was very sluggy down low. Very nice car to drive though.

Brad, it was a blue B4. There is a silver one with exhaust getting around town though.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I was much the same on my first drive of the car. It was very sluggy down low. Very nice car to drive though.

Brad, it was a blue B4. There is a silver one with exhaust getting around town though.

Ah ok thanks. I remember seeing a silver Legacy twin-turbo wagon sitting in the front yard of a house in Jesmond a while back for sale.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I discovered that I can't launch my Scooby as well as I used to be able to launch my VR4 within the same amount of time owning it haha..

Jolt and bunny hop, where as the VR4 was smooth!

Top Bottom