SA G'day from S.A

Vstar_83

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matthew
Drive
96 Gen 8 VR4 Galant
Hi guys n girls, First time owner of a 96 vr4 galant. Hoping to have this beauty for a long time, she has only done 120,000 kms so she should be sticking around for a while. :)

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Welcome to the forum. These are good cars if you treat em right. Plenty of knowledge on here for you too.

Vstar_83

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matthew
Drive
96 Gen 8 VR4 Galant
Thanks guys, have been doing a lot of reading on here so far.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit

Vstar_83

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matthew
Drive
96 Gen 8 VR4 Galant

Those are some of the first ones I had read, and will be going back to thanks heaps for making them a lot easier to find :)

Vstar_83

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matthew
Drive
96 Gen 8 VR4 Galant
I thought I also might add that, I had a little thing for vr4s when I had a proton gti about 8 or so years ago now. I really wanted to make it AWD and use a vr4 engine from the evo VI or which ever one was going to fit. Long story short, it never happened and the dream of the vr4 kind of drifted away.

A few weeks ago I went past a friends house and he had this galant out the front, asked him about it and he said he was selling it. So no hesitation from me, I said I want it. He said there was a bit of a knock when you turn and he said that one of the belts were slipping, so he used some belt spray then it started making another noise. So tomorrow morning it's going to have the drive shafts looked at, oh and I need to get a BOV because both the hoses have been blocked off (dont worry) I havent been hooning the streets boosting around as I know it can do major damage but I'm not 100% sure how if anyone here would care to explain, I'm all eyes :)

So yeh drive shafts the timing belt I'm going to type as well as it's just hit 128,000 and I dont think the belt was done also a BOV so it doesn't mess up my car. Got the drive shaft tips from those posts that Mookers posted :) Also found out they don't make the inner drive drafts at all and the outer drive shafts arent that easy to find either. Unless you guys know something I don't know, which I'm sure it's a lot. Please feel free to let me know, Awesome being here and will get some pics up soon :D

Vstar_83

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matthew
Drive
96 Gen 8 VR4 Galant
Welcome man. Need more people from s.a to pop their heads up on here :)

Thanks mate, I have seen a lot more Legnums than Galants on the streets of Adelaide I must admit. My mate said he saw a white one down south today, i was looking for a vr4 all day myself haha

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
Thanks mate, I have seen a lot more Legnums than Galants on the streets of Adelaide I must admit. My mate said he saw a white one down south today, i was looking for a vr4 all day myself haha

Theres a few down south..
i know of 3 white ones,a silver pfl,3 black fl's (including mine and of course mine is the sexiest of the lot :p ) and a trigger fl with aftermarket bonnet/front bar..

And a meet would be good.. a victor run (seeing as im moving down there soon :p)

Vstar_83

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matthew
Drive
96 Gen 8 VR4 Galant
With all of these new people from S.A, there should be a meet on the horizon... :p

Give me at least three weeks, I need to get new drive shafts and L/R lower control arm that has been a bit painful to find. Mitsi bits wanted 600+ for the left side and 500+ for the right, go figure. So I'm hopefully getting some in the morning in holden hill if not ebay have some for only $100 for the pair whether it's the right size or not is another question.

brichman

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
98 PFL Galant VR-4 (Roanne Red)
@Vstar_83 about the best advice I can give you, being from SA, is to get your work done at driven motorsport :) no-one knows galants and legnums like @Jonson and his team!

We shall have to set up an event soon.

GLen20

Barring Up
Premium Member
First Name
Glenn
Drive
2002 Type S Galant, Ducati Streetfighter 848, 1971 2 Door LC Torana (in pieces)
G'day Matt. Good to see more SA people here!
I agree 100‰ with Ben, give Jon (Driven Motorsport) a call.
He's a gun mechanic, supplied and fitted my LCA's bout 6 months ago, good as gold. Bit of a hike out to Lizbeth if you're down south like me but its worth it. (I get the train back)
I'd avoid the ebay like the plague on suspension components as some people have had failures in the past.

Any photos of the new machine?

We'll definitely organise another meet soon.
Welcome to the club mate!

Vstar_83

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matthew
Drive
96 Gen 8 VR4 Galant
G'day Matt. Good to see more SA people here!
I agree 100‰ with Ben, give Jon (Driven Motorsport) a call.
He's a gun mechanic, supplied and fitted my LCA's bout 6 months ago, good as gold. Bit of a hike out to Lizbeth if you're down south like me but its worth it. (I get the train back)
I'd avoid the ebay like the plague on suspension components as some people have had failures in the past.

Any photos of the new machine?

We'll definitely organise another meet soon.
Welcome to the club mate!

Thanks Glenn, I will definitely be staying away from ebay, I just finished reading the LCA thread on here so I sure won't be getting anything from there. I'm getting the drive shaft and LCA's done at Southern CV and drive shafts on O'Sullies beach road. I will definitely be speaking to Jon in the future though. I got the LCA's from Adelaide Jap Imports in Holden Hill.

Vstar_83

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matthew
Drive
96 Gen 8 VR4 Galant
@Vstar_83 about the best advice I can give you, being from SA, is to get your work done at driven motorsport :) no-one knows galants and legnums like @Jonson and his team!

We shall have to set up an event soon.

Thanks Brichman, I will definitely be speaking to him in the future. :)

Top Bottom