Getting out of the Nissin, Into a Mitsu - Soon I hope!

G

Unregistered
Hey everyone,

I currently own a 180sx Type X which is getting sold this weekend (sad to see it go) and I was looking at getting into the wagons for something more practical. Anyway, I always new about the Legnums but honestly didn't give them much thought - so I went to a dealership to test drive a Stagea RS4 Manual, felt pretty sweet, looked alright and was pretty impressed....Then I saw the legnum in the corner!

Straight away I was in the drivers seat taking her for a test drive and omg, feels 10x better then the stagea. Handles better, accelerates better and just feels better! Anyway, didn't get that legnum but now I am in the market! Was contemplating getting one in from Japan but there are a few good bargains around at the moment. Looking at getting a Series 2, Type S. Would love to have leather and sunroof (manual too!) but I don't mind settling for a triptronic and standard interior...I am in it for practically with performance anyway!

Sorry for the long post but that's me and my situation. Hopefully I will get the chance to take ownership of a new Legnum before chrissy and I'll hit the NSW boys up for a cruise! :)

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
Welcome to the forum and hope you get to join us people with sensible family wagons.

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Welcome to the club man. Good old SR20's. Great engines :)

I've never driven a Stagea before. I'd love to.
The VR-4 really felt much better than the Stagea did it?
I always thought the RB25 Stageas weren't far off from the VR-4's.

G

Unregistered
Welcome to the club man. Good old SR20's. Great engines :)

I've never driven a Stagea before. I'd love to.
The VR-4 really felt much better than the Stagea did it?
I always thought the RB25 Stageas weren't far off from the VR-4's.

Well to me it did, but that might be because it also had a clutch that was probably getting on its way out. Overall though, personally the Legnum just felt better quality - Stagea's are still nice, but not worth my money!:ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the welcoming everyone!

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Good luck hunting for just the combo Dru. Its an ace game to play, but then when you do finally find what your after you realise just how many "little" things you "need" to change ;) Rims, Disks, Brembo's, FMIC, BOV, MBC.... the lists just grow and grow!

G

Unregistered
Good luck hunting for just the combo Dru. Its an ace game to play, but then when you do finally find what your after you realise just how many "little" things you "need" to change ;) Rims, Disks, Brembo's, FMIC, BOV, MBC.... the lists just grow and grow!

Yeah, I think I have realised that it's going to be pretty much impossible especially if I want to keep my budget to around the 15k mark!

Aslong as the triptronic is still a bit of fun, then I will be fine with getting one of them!

As for the things that need to be changed - I know how it is lol. I bought the 180sx and thought to myself "alright, keep her stock and just maintain her"...soon I had R32 GTR Brakes, Braided Lines, Dump/Front Pipe!

Definitly will get some rims, brembos, fmic and mbc on the legnum!

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
dru I got my manual series 2 leggy landed for under 15k complied (no sunroof or leather, but a load of other goodies).

The point is you will be able to find a manual for under 15. After coming from the 180 you don't want to get a snoretronic :p (I'm just having a dig they are great apparently but I couldn't drive anything performance that isn't manual personally).

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Welcome Dru, and remember "you made the right choice"

And Hugh, you got your car when the $AU was getting about 90-95 yen, these days would cost more like $17-18k landed I would say.

G

Unregistered
I would definitely import if the dollar to the yen was higher. I just wished I was looking at the legnum instead of the 180 8 months ago!!! Then I would have got in early and saved myself some money!

Just excited about getting one! If I were to find a really good condition series 1 in manual, then I would definitely consider it but I do prefer the series 2 interior trim and etc :)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I would definitely import if the dollar to the yen was higher. I just wished I was looking at the legnum instead of the 180 8 months ago!!! Then I would have got in early and saved myself some money!

Just excited about getting one! If I were to find a really good condition series 1 in manual, then I would definitely consider it but I do prefer the series 2 interior trim and etc :)

Hey man.... Good to see someone interested else who thinks the stag was a sack to drive lol

I might be selling my 2000 model Legnum soon so you might keep your eye out. Its got almost everything you want, including NSW rego

Link to it is below :)

Good luck with your hunting!

G

Unregistered
I am looking into this car (http://www.ozcarimports.com/car.php?id=222&img=1#). Would love to have a white version, as I think they look great! Funnily enough it has the same rims as my 180sx! AVS Advan Model 6's...!

Anyone know much about this dealer? Good to buy from? Bad experiences?

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Have you seen Nicks car from Tokyo Prestige its in the sponsor section of the main forum page. Its got extra goodies for a cheaper price (by $2500), just a thought.

G

Unregistered
Have you seen Nicks car from Tokyo Prestige its in the sponsor section of the main forum page. Its got extra goodies for a cheaper price (by $2500), just a thought.

Yeh, I looked into that but I think it sold! There was a guy putting a deposit down on it, otherwise I would be right on it!

montgomery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
Mazda Familia GTR
Ahh , Dru , i remember you from FL.com.

My car is almost complied.

I Went through nick from tokyo prestige!
Great to deal with.!

I ended up with a White 2000 type s Manual with 45xxxkm , volk ce28n's, defi's and a few other odds and ends.

Landed and complied and all that shiz all up was/is roughly 14 , thats including rego aswell.

Now , thats a lot of car for 14g

I also was looking at going for a stagea , i drove a manual one and loved it , then drove a s1 auto leggy and liked it even more!!

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Monty, I reckon you were also lucky enough to try out every Legnum variant built as well before you bought one :)

G

Unregistered
Ahh , Dru , i remember you from FL.com.

My car is almost complied.

I Went through nick from tokyo prestige!
Great to deal with.!

I ended up with a White 2000 type s Manual with 45xxxkm , volk ce28n's, defi's and a few other odds and ends.

Landed and complied and all that shiz all up was/is roughly 14 , thats including rego aswell.

Now , thats a lot of car for 14g

I also was looking at going for a stagea , i drove a manual one and loved it , then drove a s1 auto leggy and liked it even more!!

Hey mate! Yeah its me from FL.com.

How long ago did you get your car from Nick? I have been thinking about it on and off for the last couple of weeks mainly due to the aud to yen being so shit! What you got sounds like a awesome deal though! Definitly alot of car for 14g.

Sell it to me lol. If anyone finds any legnums that seem like good - let me know! I am really keen on this one in SA but still looking around.

Top Bottom