Go Karting w/ Helmet Cam + Phone Cam

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Took my go kart out for the first time in over two years. Bit rusty and the tyres are shot but i took a mates helmet cam out while he filmed me with him phone.

Sync worked good but the video is dulled down for youtube. Camera wasn't alligned properly but will have another go next weekend.

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
Is that a J or S on the kart? Do you have a link to the type of cam you recorded that with? I have a little camera and have thinking of putting it on my son's kart so I can check his race lines and use it to hopefully show him better lines.
Thanks for the upload the sound works pretty good too.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I have an ATC3K and unfortunately the audio is garbage. Definitely do no get this camera unless you want to substitute the audio for something else.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
The Go-Kart actually uses a very old Sirio 100cc Reed Valve motor. The second person i overtake is running a Yamaha 100S so you can see it has a bit more power than that (also taller gearing).

The camera is a Contour GPS. You can find them online (eBay etc). It can record in 1080@30 fps, tracks the GPS movements and you can bring google maps in too and it will show you where you are and also your speed. It can also sync with an Iphone to use it as a viewfinder (need the BT chip for it).

Another one to consider is the Drift camera. Comes with HEAPS of mounts, a remote control and a viewfinder.

There is also an App for iPhone called Cockpit GPS which does the same thing. Was going to use that but my mate wanted to test his new toy (got it for snowboarding).

Top Bottom