gorgath aka Irwin // Sydney - NSW

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Hey Gents and Ladies

New to the forum and currently driving a Ralliart Magna. But looking forward to join on the darkside fulltime :ROFLMAO: and a newbie to own VR4.

I have a question:

To those who have Legnum that has tippy tranny, how much excitement do you get on driving it since it is TT? ( i got a felling this is noob question)

At the moment, I have set on eye on a 1996 Legnum, not too sure of what model though and maybe you can tell me, I am assuming it is a Type S or maybe not??

9347044.jpg

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
To those who have Legnum that has tippy tranny, how much excitement do you get on driving it since it is TT? ( i got a felling this is noob question)

Welcome to the club Gorgs.
You can drive it like it's a normal family car, but when you boot it, the nose lifts and thing will take off. You can feel the g-force of the pull taking you away.
I like the sound of the engine from the factory Ralliart exhaust. Especially in the mornings when you start her up, it's got such a nice burble. It sounds the best in 3rd gear as well.
Just remember though, the prefacelift auto's had 260ps and the facelift autos have 280ps.
Excitement? Hmm i must say, i love the looks i get from people and the wtf expressions on their faces after i take off. Oh, of course and the sound of the little turbos spooling after 2500rpm.

G

Unregistered
the tiptronic in these is great. I normally hate autos but this one drives quite well even in full auto mode it will still rev out.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Welcome Irwin, that car is a pre-facelift model, so there is no type S, or Type V, just the VR4. The pre-facelift all had AYC, high vis dash etc, but as pointed out "only" 260ps, but that is easily fixed with a boost controller to get you in line (and in front of some) Facelift cars ;)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Yep, definitely a Series 1 (also known as a PFL, or Pre-FaceLift). These have all the fruit and the manuals had 280bhp, autos being 260bhp since the Series II (FL, FaceLift) split up into the Type-S (everything) and Type-V (minus some stuff like AYC, etc) but both booted along @ 280bhp.

The tiptronic allows you to have fun (it will keep the revs and not drop in semi-auto mode) and if you want to be lazy in peak hour traffic, it's smoother to leave it in auto.

If you can find a manual however :D

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Yesterday, I went for a test drive of a 97 model and all I can say is damn! The car really goes hard and I have this evil grin on my face LOL. Called dimi_108 straight away telling him how ecstatic I was on the car.:ROFLMAO:

I am hoping that in the next 3 to 4 weeks time, one of these beast are park on my driveway and looking forward to join for any events and cruises.

EDIT: oh, it was manual that I tested to drive

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Thanks Paul!

The day is closing in! :drool:

Question:

Is the pre-facelift has one foglight on each side and the facelift has twin foglights?

Top Bottom