SA Greetings people.

Bradleh

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Bradley
Drive
1997 Super Leggy
Took her out on sat night with a mate and tried a couple boost launches (Felt unbelievable and he wasn't expecting that from a magna)
after this particular launch (check vid) i took off at the T junction and gave her a little bit, but as soon as it hit boost it felt like it also hit a brick wall... May be exaggerating a little bit but it felt like it would hit boost then the rate of acceleration wouldn't increase.

So this morning i went out and took her to the shops and it was still behaving the same, so when i got home i popped the bonnet and had a look over the Cooler Piping and tightened everything up.. one seemed loose, not exactly finger tight but still took quite a few turns to tighten..

Then i took it for another drive and she felt back to normal.... can it really be as simple as a slightly loose cooler clamp?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
when it felt like you hit a brick wall, that's the boost cut telling you to calm the feck down ..lol

you can fix this by getting it tuned, as the factory tune is very conservative and will try and avoid you from going higher than 14psi

Bradleh

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Bradley
Drive
1997 Super Leggy
Yeah i understand.. but my car is running stock boost. Therefore shouldnt be hitting boost cut... PS what is the
stock boost on vr4's?

Vstar_83

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matthew
Drive
96 Gen 8 VR4 Galant
Blow off.. stock plastic one

That's what I need to get, and the standard ones from bosch have been discontinued. I'm probably going to go with the turbo smart pb valve. Both my hoses are plugged up, so I'm not worrying about boosting at all as I don't want to damage the turbo. But in typing that I done a bit of searching today and found that a lot of people don't even have a BOV or even the bypass valve plumbed into the turbo. Haven't checked on this forum though.

Bradleh

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Bradley
Drive
1997 Super Leggy
Im going to get a stock evo 8 one.. they are metallic and bolt str8 on.. can get them thru the forum for about 150

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
Yep tge evo 8 mr ones are the way to go.. i think most of us went to them

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
Unsure.. i just know its a metal one.. probably the same lol..

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Some of the older Evo BOV are plastic too... the MR is metal.

That's right -- no point replacing our plastic BOVs with another plastic one! The 8MR BOV is metal, as is the Evo X BOV. The Evo X one faces the right way, although it doesn't really matter.

Top Bottom