Grizzly aka Michael // Moscow - Russia

G

Unregistered
Hi guys!

My name is Michael. I'm from Moscow, Russia.
I drive '99 MMC Legnum VR-4 Type S - car I've been dreaming of for years. Now finally my dreams have come true :) Used as an everyday ride.

You may see it here:

What's been done:
Car has been converted to the Left Hand Drive (we drive on the other side here in Russia :))
Installed:
StopTech front Big Brakes Kit
Tein GT Wagon coilovers
APEX'i Power Intake sqeezed into stock air filter box
HKS SSQV blow-off
APEX'i RSM with speed lmiter cut
ECU tweaked to rise boost from standart 0.6 to 0.9 bar
Walbro 255lh fuel pump
HKS Drager II muffler
straightened intermediate exhaust pipe
Walker free-flow resonator instead of cat
Custom built headlamps with HID low beam
Total vibro/sound insulation of body and doors performed. Hertz acoustics on AudioSystem Twister amplifiers added to new Poineer RS-series audio head unit

To Do list:
add wide-band lambda
change ECU or add subcomp
add meters for boost, oil pressure/temperature, transmission temperture, fuel pressure, EGT
replace fuel pressure regulator
port intake manifold and cylinder heads
change intercooler and intake piping
maybe install bigger throttle
make new exhaust manifolds (isometric)
install isometric downpipes with biger diameter (2x2 1/4" to 1x3") and switch to 3" intermediate exhaust pipe
maybe think of twin muffler setup
add coolers for engine oil and ATF
do some styling on bumpers

G

Unregistered
Awesome lookin legnum dude...

Got a nice list of mods there...

G

Unregistered
Very nice list of upgrades you have there, looking good.

How do you find the Tein GT Wagon coilovers, is the ride really really hard for everyday driving or are they firm but good for daily driving?

G

Unregistered
Thanks for welcome, guys! :)

How do you find the Tein GT Wagon coilovers, is the ride really really hard for everyday driving or are they firm but good for daily driving?

I really like them. They give you firm roadholding without crushing your teeth :) Especially if you use them with EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Control) module and motors like I do ;) This allows you to cruise on soft settings and change on the fly to stiff when you want to burn some wheel-rubber. Much better than my previous TEIN Type HA which were real back-crushers.

BTW, Emanuel, what rims do you have on photo in signature? I really like them :)

G

Unregistered
Nice rims - both of them. I now use KOSEI K1-TS 17" and, to be honest, I like them (other than great look they weigh just 6,3 kilo apiece).

Just sometimes look for some neat new design :)

I'm going to stay with 17". Reason one - roads are not quite as good here and last summer I damaged my KOSEIs three or four times on ditches. Another reason is ride harshness - 18" are much stiffer than 17" with GoodYear Eagle F1 GS-D3 (Really love these tyres) and I use car everyday :)

Took a closer look at those ANZs of yours - great wheels. I could've bought them - price is sweet, but delivery to Moscow will take forever and will cost me my arm and my leg :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
NO, my wheels are heavier than yours! Mine are Wedsport TC-005 17x9.5" forged and are 7.4kg each.

What width and offset are your wheels?

G

Unregistered
Brad, if you mentioned my wheels, they are 7x17 ET38 (or 35 do not remember exactly) - much narrower then yours - probably here lies the difference in weight.

Aren't yours too wide for our fenders? What tyre size do you use on them? I use 225/45R17

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Mine are 35mm offset, I've got 235/45/17 on them so they are stretched a bit. They do fit perfectly in the guards though.

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
Privet Misha!!!! Kak dela? Menya zovut Taras. Ya is Ukraini no zivu v Avstralii!!!Ochen priyatno uvidet chto ya neodin na etom Forum! Esli u tebya est voprosi pishi ya mozet pomogu.
Taras

G

Unregistered
Spasib, Taras! :) Budem druzhit :)

To all who don't understand russian: sorry, pals, we just greeted each other - sometimes it is good to do in native lenguage :) Especially if you live far from home :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I understood some of that, although for thank you I thought that writing is as spasiba or spesiba would be a better translation when you're using english characters rather than Cyrillic

G

Unregistered
Not exactly, Brad.

Me and Taras we used transliteration, not translation - writing cyrillic letters by means of roman alphabet, not really caring about spelling. :)
One more thing is that "Spasib" is more like "Thanx", not "Thank you" :)
If you like to pronounce as it sounds in russian, try reading "Spa-see-boh" - derived from "Spa-see Bog" meaning "Let God save you" ;)

If you'd like additional lessons in russian, just don't hesitate to ask ;)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I already know enough to hit on Russian women, why would I want to learn more? :p

G

Unregistered
There are many beautiful women in Russia, so coupla spare words won't hurt ;)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Indeed ;)

Welcome to our little piece of the Internet, Michael. Is it just me, or is it starting to seem like East Europeans are the most hard-core car modders in the world??

Glad to have you along, I'm sure there will be plenty of people picking your brain for ideas on here!

G

Unregistered
Indeed ;)

Welcome to our little piece of the Internet, Michael. Is it just me, or is it starting to seem like East Europeans are the most hard-core car modders in the world??

Glad to have you along, I'm sure there will be plenty of people picking your brain for ideas on here!

You see, Trevor, we've been denied good cars for too long - more than seventy years.
So now we're sort of like prison inmates who got to striptease-bar full of drinks and beautiful women after spending lots of years behind bars :)
We want it all, we want it now, we want it just, and do know how ;)

Top Bottom