handbreak light wtf

G

Unregistered
o_O
ok this started happening about a month or so back, some times when i accelerate (eg taking of from a standing position like at the lights or start to accelerate from rolling at a low speed) my hand break light comes on for a few seconds and then disapears....
now to cover the obvious, no my hand break is not on.
im having a service in a couple of days and hoping that will probably fix the matter but i was just wondering if anyone els has had anything simalar?

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Your brake fluid is low. Top up the reservoir in the engine bay. I had a similar problem after doing a full system bleed. The sieve on top of the reservoir is really fine and it takes a while for the fuild to drain through it.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i'll bet $5 on the fluid :D

if it is the fluid.. might as well do a full flush.. :D

G

Unregistered
meh im having it serviced tomorow im sure they will fill it up for me....... omg im such a girl :(

if its not the fluid and i have to get some new disks does any one know where i can get a full set of slotted disks from? iv been looking but can only find them for the front 2

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Hipsi is your man for the RDA slotted rotors..

also if its the fluid and your rotors are looking fine.. might get them to check if there's any leak anywhere..

fluid level shouldn't drop dramatically...

G

Unregistered
got car serviced, rears have 3mm left and front 6 mm so dont think its that. looked at my fluid when i got it back and its pretty low ( meanies didnt fill it up ) they checked all lines for leaks and said its the cleanest 97 car they have ever seen, not one leak anywhere.
il get some fluid and see how it goes from there

those RDAs look real nice, not a crazy price ether, might get them at xmass, should need them by then.

Top Bottom