Have to change wheels and not sure what way to go.

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
So atm i have Koya RG-tek 18x9.5 +35 and i have now figured out that my inner tyre has been rubbing against some suspension parts.
It rubbed through my left rear a few weeks ago and now my right rear has gone.. so $155 down the drain again.

Im pretty much going to get rid of the rims... and thinking of going down to a 17" or a less aggresive 18.
i have looked through the "what rims will fit" thread but im still at a loss...
what would be the perfect sizes in 17" and 18" to be pretty much flush and look good at stock height?

also.. any ideas on what id be able to get for my existing wheels.
ill pop a pic up asap.
they are Koya RG-tek 18x9.5 +35
2 with brand new federal 595 SS 225/40/18 (with stretch)and 2 70% treads on the other rims. some gutter rash on 2 of the rims(1 decent mark and the other isnt to bad)
other 2 are like new...

as for new rims..(2nd had preferably) id be keen on getting the r34 gt4 rims if i can find some that can go straight on..

The Koya's

The Damaged one(other isnt as bad)

will get better pics if needed...
any advice would be good..
as for rims.. something similar to the R34 gtr rims.. or the koya CR teks... im just frustrated as hell having 2 tyres let go.. and now this one 2 weeks out from being made redundant at work.. when it rains it damn pours....

battery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
b
Drive
a car
Evo rims are cheap, light and easy to find. Way better quality than Koyo. R33 GTR are also an option around $900/set. R34 are around 2k last time I checked.

I reckon lower it first.

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
it had evo 7 rims on it when i got it.. and i probably wont lower it until after u get front pipes done.

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
I may have a guy that wants to swap(with cash my way) a set of mint r33 gtr rims with 80% tread tyres.. anyone know if anything has to be played with to fit them? Like the r34 rims need some work to get them on??

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Yep, you either bore out the centre. Or do what I did and slap on some 3mm slip on spacers and she'll be sweet. CN hook you up with the spacers for cheap if necessary. (This is for all OEM Nissan wheels)

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
Ok cheers Simon. He is getting back to me by the weekend. Wond r in how much cash I should ask for on top of my rims for them.. All up mine are worth 1600ish. (2 new tyres) I was thinking around a grand for mine all up... I have seen the 33gtr rims from 600-900 for the set.. Depending on condition/tyres etc. Also hoping they look.ok at the stock height. .. I suppose later on I could always get some springs(should have got them long ago)

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Probably about 500 cash on top? Kind of doubt he would be willing to fork out that much. But worth a try.

17 x 9 + 30 should still poke a little. But yeah definitely consider even just springs in the future

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
yeah i was tinking springs.. there were some dobson lowered spring on ebay for about 90.. not sure what they are like though..
Also japanese import spares has some white work meisters for sale.. was thinking of looking at them..(if i sell mine) but they are 17x9 +40. so not sure how they would go..

Another question, is it possible to run 18x8 +30 on the fronts and 18x9 +30 on the rears? and not have any issues? or is it just no different rolling diameter?

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
9 + 40 might hit the inside arms. Not sure. As for tyres, just run the same tyre size all round and you'll be sweet. I dunno I'm personally not a fan of staggered on awd any more.

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Mmm yes. Personally my favourite style evo rim. You will have no issues fitting those either.

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
tried to message you taylor.. your inbox is full.. put it this way.. i will take them off your hands(will be in 2 weeks)
Chuck me a sms on 0435767704, Cheers man

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
I'm sorry to not be at all helpful, but I just wanted to say that every time I see this thread title I think: "Anticlockwise, then clockwise" :D

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
tried to message you taylor.. your inbox is full.. put it this way.. i will take them off your hands(will be in 2 weeks)
Chuck me a sms on 0435767704, Cheers man

Sorry, just realised my Member status ran out, hence the full inbox. They'll be ready to go sometime in February, once the new wheels are on. I'll keep you posted.

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
Sorry, just realised my Member status ran out, hence the full inbox. They'll be ready to go sometime in February, once the new wheels are on. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers man. :)

Top Bottom