Major oil leak after oil change

Swifty Devil

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
C ameron Humphreys
Drive
1997 Legnum Super VR-4
Recent replaced the spark plugs. Rocker cover gaskets and spark plug seals. No leaks there...

Replaced the oil with 10w-50 (my mates decision)

Oil filter tight. Sump plug tight...

Now ive noticed its got a fast leak just below the head on the front cylinder bank..

Guessing main seal or balancer shaft seal? Any advice would be great.

See video (may take a while to load)

20180204_151239_028.jpg

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
1998 Legnum Super VR-4, Silver (project)
1997 Galant VR-4, soon to be manual
2004 Toyota Funcargo, Silver (daily)
Crap that looks like it's coming out fast from somewhere. Wouldn't imagine it'll be possible to come out of the rocker covers that fast and wrong place to be the sump bolt. Is there oil on the sump on the other side of the belt tensioner pulley? If it was the cam/crank seals leaking (all of a sudden) then it would usually come down around that side of the sump.

I don't imagine oil from the oil filter would get over to that side of the engine. Also I don't think it'll be the balancer shaft seal :D

Edit: Also, can't see any video.

Tristo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristan
Drive
CE 02 Lancer
did you check the sump gasket seal? could have just completely failed now or a bolt could have come loose from it?

Swifty Devil

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
C ameron Humphreys
Drive
1997 Legnum Super VR-4
Fixed the issue... leak was on cam gear side so hard to detect. So we basically removed the gasket and put loctite gasket seal along the entire gasket in the cover. Not just the corners and realigned

Swifty Devil

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
C ameron Humphreys
Drive
1997 Legnum Super VR-4
Yes yes i did haha i bought jontys car... ill put up a thread on members rides tomorrow. Couldnt resist another...

Top Bottom