Please Help...Possibly A Major Problem With My Leggy

G

Unregistered
Ok I have done some Investigating regarding this issue.here's pictures of my mounts, I have a sneaking suspicion one is fucked if anyone would like to confirm for me.

Drivers side
uploadfromtaptalk1337414343422.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1337414367360.jpg

Passengers Side
uploadfromtaptalk1337414473504.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1337414495118.jpg

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
any sighns of cracking or bad sagging or ant splits? cant really tell in pics sory

G

Unregistered
I plan on trying to Finger (Chuckle) or Eliminate this as the cause of my problems by jacking my engine up a little and seeing if the strange vibration In Drive at Idle Disappears and if the Buzzing sound does as well.I am thinking the 'buzzing' may be a vibration from something thin, possibly a heat shield or something, lightly pressing against something due to the engine shifting position when I select Drive. Also I checked my front tyre pressures, which I paid to have Nitrogen filled, have both lost pressure identically so I will need to rectify this then check for tyre scallops and check my wheel bearings again. Butthole Pucker factor is about a 6/10 at the moment worrying about this car lol. Never went above 2/10 with my VS haha.

G

Unregistered
any sighns of cracking or bad sagging or ant splits? cant really tell in pics sory
You can see the difference between the two, which I assume are supposed to be Identical in appearance. The drivers side seems to have no sagging and appears A LOT newer than the opposite one. Also the Drivers side seems to angle up towards the top of the housing and looks smooth and solid where as the passenger side looks to bulge outwards (opposite to the drivers side) at the top and seems squashed and deformed around the point where the bolt enters it. The shit mount also has tonnes of hairline cracks and peeling all over it's surface and the metal insert around it seems to have surface rust.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Mitch, you need to look at the front and rear roll stoppers.. because if both side engine mounts are stuffed, then most likely your front and rear ones are gone too as they receive the most stress..

G

Unregistered
Mitch, you need to look at the front and rear roll stoppers.. because if both side engine mounts are stuffed, then most likely your front and rear ones are gone too as they receive the most stress..

I have accepted the fact that If one is dead I will replace them all :( The drivers Side one seems waaaay newer than the passenger side one, Is there a diagram somewhere of where the other mounts are or can someone explain to me so I can check them out. Obviously someone before me thought replacing mounts one at a time was the best Idea. Also has anybody replaced their mounts before, According to the diagram in the US8G manual the mount should be insert should be positioned rotated 90* to the left from how it is now with the 'sunken' section towards the engine and not the ground. Can anyone confirm this? Also Can anyone actually tell if my mount/s look ratshit. Thanks a lot guys.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
I agree Mitch that passenger side/transmission mount is stuffed, as Christian says you will find particularly the rear roll stopper is collapsed. I have some photo's of before and after, ill post them up for you to see.

G

Unregistered
I agree Mitch that passenger side/transmission mount is stuffed, as Christian says you will find particularly the rear roll stopper is collapsed. I have some photo's of before and after, ill post them up for you to see.

Thanks a lot mate. Hopefully this is all that's causing my dramas.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
DSCN0523.jpg

Old Mount.
DSCN0521.jpg

New Mount.
There is a diagram that shows these as well.

G

Unregistered
Thats so Big I cant see it lol. The Diagram I posted Is missing half of the shit I need to see but I can see it on the image on my Phone.Will check it now.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
It is a prick of a spot, you can feel the gap at the top where the mount rubber has sagged away from housing. The gap will be bigger with the load of the motor on it too.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Sorry mate took me ages to load too, not sure what my camera was set on when I took it.

G

Unregistered
uploadfromtaptalk1337420538778.jpg

The rear one there? Are they accessible from the bay or do I need to jack it up?

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
jack the car up so you can get under it, and remove x member install new mount top mounts should hold engine in place for you.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
you can access the rear from the bottom... also if the front is stuffed, then most likely the rear as well..

G

Unregistered
NOT FUCKING HAPPY!!!
Got under the car for a real good look today and realised that despite all my bushes,bearings and bits are showing there age a bit nothing seems to have shit itself except my Engine mounts.This is the good news, bad news is that I traced my 'buzzing' sound to the transmission and decided it sounded electrical and was coming from inside.

Any way long story short I decided to eject some transmission from my trans cooler line to check its condition to see if it could shed some light on my situation and here is what I found.Keep in mind the workshop assured my they completely drained the box and flushed ALL the old fluid out and it was perfectly clean fluid inside now.That was 3700kms ago, here's what I found tonight...

657713e6-2b0d-3deb.jpg

G

Unregistered
My Tranny fluid on the left and some clean stuff for comparison on the right.

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
I can see why you would not be happy. Unless you have towed a caravan around for the last 3700kms your oil should not look like that mate. I would be giving the workshop a call about that.

Almost like they have just taken the pan off, drained, and filled back up again without pumping it all out from the torque converter...

Top Bottom