Please help :Cold start idle up problem

marc mtp

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
marc
Drive
legnum
Please help , the leggy doesn't idle up for its cold start. But after a 5 min drive turned off and restarted later it sort of does.

I got evoscan had code 25 (baro) so I change the maf done the battery reset but still no difference but no codes either ,any ideas would be appreciated

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997
Please help , the leggy doesn't idle up for its cold start. But after a 5 min drive turned off and restarted later it sort of does.

I got evoscan had code 25 (baro) so I change the maf done the battery reset but still no difference but no codes either ,any ideas would be appreciated

That sounds like a common fault, the idle speed controller, located directly below the throttle opening.
Check that it's plugged in, sounds silly.but mine was accidentally disconnected, test the coils for correct value and check and clean the nozzle that blocks or opens the airway to attenuate the idle speed.
Lots of posts on this culprit and easily replaced.if faulty for about 120 delivered.
Unless.you have flashing dash lights disregard error 25 etc.

Attachments

• DSC_0627.JPG
    DSC_0627.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 24

marc mtp

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
marc
Drive
legnum
Thanks I might have to have a better look at that as it doesn't seem to rev up for the a/c either .
When it's cold it struggles at about 450 rpm until warm, then 650rpm warm in gear and around 800rpm in park.
If in park warm at 800rpm when a/c compressor kicks in it drops to around 650rpm with the load on it.
So you maybe right I will get one thanks

marc mtp

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
marc
Drive
legnum
Yeh I cleaned it there was a bit of crud on there . Little test of tps seems ok . Now it's idling too high might get a new iac

raj

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Khemrajh
Drive
Galant vr4
Don't need to replace it
Leave the car idling till it reaches working temperature and adjust the idle screw to bring down the rpm

Top Bottom