Head lights turning off

G

Unregistered
We have had our legnum for about four months. In the past two weeks we have noticed that when you stop for no more than 5 seconds, in drive there is a clicking sound and the headlights slowly dim to nothing. The lights come back on once you release the brake. It does not happen while in park. Is this a fault??

G

Unregistered
We have had our legnum for about four months. In the past two weeks we have noticed that when you stop for no more than 5 seconds, in drive there is a clicking sound and the headlights slowly dim to nothing. The lights come back on once you release the brake. It does not happen while in park. Is this a fault??

Yeah, ages ago in the UK someone had an almost identical problem. It turned out to be an aftermarket light controller fitted by someone in Japan. Have a look for something like that.... I imagine the click is some sort of control relay, so it might be worth finding the source of the click and taking it from there.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Also for peace of mind check the re-charge rate on your alternator.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
if you're not happy with that light control stuff.. throw it at me :) and i'll accept it with my open arms :D

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
If it isn't a stupid jap device like Kieran suggested, the only other thing that would make sense is a problem with the charging system. Do the lights on the dash dim, or do any warning lights come on at all when that happens?

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
i have this exact same system - its part of my auto-lights. i reckon its really cool, just get some nice parkers and use your foggies all the time, looks sweet :)

pfft christian you know how cool they are from mine n want em :p dont know how they'd go with your hid's though..

G

Unregistered
Thanks everyone for your help, I'll make sure I have my parkers and foggies on.

Top Bottom