Heater Core Part No.?

G

Unregistered
Howdy all,
Just wonder if anyone has the part number for the heater core on our cars? Also if it is similar to locally sold cars.

Cheers, Bart.

G

Unregistered
Sure thing,
Part number according to ASA for my car ( 99 facelift Galant) is MR167230.

Unsure on the local cars, my database is only for JDM cars. Call mitis with the PN, they might be more then totaly useless.

G

Unregistered
be interesting to find out.. i bypassed my core a few months ago, it shit itself when i went down south. :(

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Seriously Mitch? That's a bit crap :( What actually goes 'wrong' with a heater core? Its basically just a radiator, isn't it??

G

Unregistered
yeah, they usually just split, and leak..

namely green coolant onto red carpet, smells great too!

G

Unregistered
cheers guys, ill go see what mitsi dealer has to say.

cheers, bart.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
that happenned to my heater core in my gsr. It split after a trip from adelaide to melbourne. The coolant smell lasted for ages. We bypassed the heater which works well...until winter comes along! Then you have to remove the entire dash board to change it, which is no fun job!

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
that happenned to my heater core in my gsr. It split after a trip from adelaide to melbourne. The coolant smell lasted for ages. We bypassed the heater which works well...until winter comes along! Then you have to remove the entire dash board to change it, which is no fun job!

Something i still have to do, will wait until winter comes

G

Unregistered
does anyone know if the part number MR167230 Cross References to any australian released vehicles? Mitsubishi want over $500.oo for a new one :(

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Dude, look in my how to guide on changing heater cores, it's all there

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name