Help with heater actuator

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
Hi guys

Recently my heater has stopped blowing hot air. not matter what temp you put the climate control unit onto, it just continues to blow cold air.

I researched here and on Club VR4 and have explored the possibility of an air lock but it was not that. I then too out the glove box to have a look at the actuators under there, and found that the one that should open the flap in the heater core to let the hot air pass through is not working. After playing around with the solanoid it is not just clicking away and still will not move. I found that a few other people have had the same problem and it seems to be that the actuator has stripped some of the gears in there so it will not move. I have not actually pulled it out to confirm this, but it is not moving so it can only be that.

First question is, can anyone find out the part number of the actuator, and know what other local cars that it might be in?

And second question, does anyone have one that they would want to sell to me? I am sure i would get bent over by Mitsubishi for a new one.

G

Unregistered
Which motor is it in terms of position or can you add a pic

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
Cant really get a pic at the moment, but it is to the left of the passenger footwell, below and behind where the headunit sits. If you look in the left of the passenger footwell, you will see the foot vents, it is the little black box that is above that.

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
Yeah i think we are talking about the same part. And man i dont know how to get the bloody thing out. taken the centre console out, a lot of the dash and can get to 2 of the three screws. Went to bought a flexible screwdriver to try to get to the last one and even that will not fit.

G

Unregistered
Ok the bottom one is MB813594. I'll have a look at the one I have sitting in the shed tonight if you haven't got it out by then. As far as I can see in caps there are only 2 screws
It is used in quite a few models and I'll try to add the info tonight

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
Haha i am a bloody idiot. It is to the right of the passenger footwell. Not the left. What was i thinking haha. So I dont think we are talking about the same one. It is not the one on the left that moves when you put the recirc air on that has the two servos on top of each other.

It is the one on the right hand side that opens the flap to heater core to let the hot air flow through.

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
Thanks a lot for that. Any idea what one of them would be worth?

G

Unregistered
Spotted one for $75 on a NZ site . I think that would be a new price

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Talk about digging up an old thread...

Not sure if those guys are even on here now

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Resurrecting this thread. I think my car has the same problem. I'll post an update when I diagnose and hopefully fix it.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Mine too Mookers, hope to have a proper look this weekend

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I found the problem. Nothing actually broken - just a hose that fell off behind the climate control unit.

climate_hose.jpg

Top Bottom