SA Hello From Adelaide :D

Mulvi

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jack
Drive
1997 PFL Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
Hi guys
Just bought my manual PFL 1997 Galant about 4 months ago and absolutely loving it (even though im not allowed to drive it yet.... oops) bought it with 50 thousand on the clock with all paperwork service history even the Japanese auction information.
The car has been dyno'd before with only the boost t and exhaust and it produced 184 awkw

mods so far include (some already were on the car)
full bilstein suspension
full 3inch custom exhaust
HDi FMIC kit
evo 8 BOV
Boost T running @ 13-14 Psi
xxr527 18x8.75 +32 in chromium black (they poke at the front would like to fix this)

future mods
Trotty's full hard pipe kit
evo brembo upgrade
new tune
need some body work done due to the previous owner :/

20141013_1910090_zpsc86b6510.jpg
20141109_104500_zps5ad974b2.jpg
20141109_104450_zps577497ab.jpg

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
bit more low and the fronts should tuck in, you'll prob need a guard roll on the rear before lowering

i have the same wheels on mine....

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Welcome to the forum. That car looks very nice indeed.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
no I dont believe it has

17 years, even if the kms are genuine, thats a very old belt. Its not cheap but its seriously recommended you get the timing belt done asap just to be sure

Mulvi

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jack
Drive
17 years, even if the kms are genuine, thats a very old belt. Its not cheap but its seriously recommended you get the timing belt done asap just to be sure
Yeah that is a good point i'll have to organise it for next year to be done

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
More to the point is a very old water pump. Welcome aboard :)

brichman

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
98 PFL Galant VR-4 (Roanne Red)
Any chance your free boxing day morning for the little meet we have planned? :p details are in the SA thread on here.

Mulvi

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jack
Drive
nah sorry I wont be able to make it :( ive got a family Christmas thing on

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit

Mulvi

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jack
Drive
little bit of an update
recently put in new exedy HD clutch and got a tune at Steve Knight Raceteck.
the car pulled 203kw atw with 850nm of torque on about 12.5-13 psi (running stock boost solenoid)
Very happy with the results considering the car is stock besides a front mount evo 8 bov and a 3 inch turbo back exhaust

Vstar_83

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matthew
Drive
96 Gen 8 VR4 Galant
little bit of an update
recently put in new exedy HD clutch and got a tune at Steve Knight Raceteck.
the car pulled 203kw atw with 850nm of torque on about 12.5-13 psi (running stock boost solenoid)
Very happy with the results considering the car is stock besides a front mount evo 8 bov and a 3 inch turbo back exhaust

I saw your car in Steves shop the other night, nice pick up.

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
I just wanted to belatedly add my voice to the congratulations on a great buy and would add that the recommendation is I believe, 100,000 or 5 years. I had mine done in my old car at 15 years (104,000km) and the belt looked very good and there was no problem with the water pump, but you never know what might happen in a month or two. I wouldn't wait till next year. Do it as soon as your finances will allow.

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
If that's a Mainline dyno, then yeah that's a phenomenal result.

Mulvi

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jack
Drive
Had a few things done to the old girl recently. got my new Tein Street Flex coilovers about a month ago from Steve at TME and put them in. absolutely loving these the damper adjustment makes such a big difference would recommend to anyone who wants to go low and still keep it comfy. also got rid of the XXR's to make way for the evo 8 Enkeis I bought which I Wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza RE003. I think the Enkeis suit the car alot better and give it the sleeper look that im going for. Another bonus of going the enkeis is I was able to lower it without any guard or scrubbing issues. Also had a new tie rod kit and accessory belt kit installed. the car handles like its on rails now and is still a comfy daily :) next things on the list are Brembo upgrade and Trottys TD04 kit :)
20151107_111523-min.jpg
20151107_111743-min.jpg
20151001_163155-min.jpg

Top Bottom