Hello from London!

G

Unregistered
Hello!

I'm Philip - just jumped over from Club VR4.com in the UK to see how you guys are doing over on this site!

A bit about me, if you haven't come across me on the other site, I'm in London, currently driving a 6th generation Galant, a 1990 2.0 GLSi that I've had for the last 17 years (since it was a year old) and now has 180,000 miles.

Next Sunday I'm trading her in for an 8th generation 2003 Galant 2.5 V6-24v saloon...

Photos of the cars are below.

Attachments

• My Galant NO PLATE a.jpg
    My Galant NO PLATE a.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 22
  • My Galant Elegance oz2.jpg
    My Galant Elegance oz2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 36
  • My Galant Elegance oz3.jpg
    My Galant Elegance oz3.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 24
  • My Galant Elegance OZ.jpg
    My Galant Elegance OZ.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 30

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Welcome to the site Philip! Always a pleasure to have to have more people join the ranks, especially those who have been playing with these cars for years!
So how long till you pick up that amazing looking new ride??

G

Unregistered
Thanks Steve!

Next Sunday I get the car - it'll be a long 8 hour drive from London in the south to Glasgow, Scotland, in the north. It's immaculate condition (49k miles - not sure what that is in kms)... and I've added extras like rear parking sensors and cruise control that the dealer is fitting...

On order are smoked side repeaters and now looking at sourcing the VR4 twin front lights in the bumper... The are so rare in the UK... not even a main dealer can get them... If I manage to get the I want to suss out how to wire them so the outer lights come on when I indicate in that direction!

I'm going to have fun looking over your site and reading the posts...! is the a subscription to pay for certain parts of the site...?

Thanks again for your warm welcome!
philip

G

Unregistered
This site is all free mate, welcome! The new car looks the goods!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
G'day Phil, welcome to the site! That black galant is GORGEOUS, fantastic find well done!

Keep your eye on the site in the coming months as I believe there will be a new website for VR4 parts being launched real soon, linking us up direct with Japanese parts! Something I'm sure ClubVR4 guys will appreciate just as much as us Aussies :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
welcome :)as I said on cvr4, I should be able to sort out the fogs for you tomorrow.

MPBVr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Malc
Drive
1997 Vr4 Galant Type S
Hi Philip, nice to see more CVR4 peeps on here. Friendly Galant owners also exist outside the UK as you will find.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
is there a subscription to pay for certain parts of the site...?

Thanks again for your warm welcome!
philip

Nope, we like to share the love Phill :D And if any one can score you those foggies, I'm sure it's Brad.

G

Unregistered
Thank you - onme and all! What a welcome!

Looking forward to that parts hook up! Sounds great!

Thanks again for your help Brad - looking forward to hopefully getting a pair!

G

Unregistered
Hello Philip-Fancy seeing you here!:D

Very friendly bunch of people here, you'll fit right in :)

Those UK-only fogs are really, really rare... They were fitted as standard to the very first V6 Sports exported to the UK - But very quickly Mitsubishi changed to the VR-4 style ones like your new one has (minus the turning lamp). The window was literally months.... Nick Mann's old V6 Sport (now owned by Paul Beazer) was the same year as my old V6 Sport (2000). Nicks was registered early 2000, mine was registered November 2000. In that time the spec was changed and mine had different fogs, Electric folding mirrors (UK Specs didn't have this untill late 2000) and a titanium-finish centre console rather than I-can't-believe-it's-not-carbon-fibre one! Curious!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
What, they changed AWAY from the carbon-fibre dash?? What does the 'titanium' one look like, Kieran? Got a pic / comparison?

I find it difficult to believe Mitsubishi would go to the effort of designing and manufacturing a fog-light for only a hundred or so cars... Maybe they took it out of something else? There's got to be a logical explanation for that... Hmm needs some investigation methinks ;)

G

Unregistered
Thanks Kieran - and ditto - fancy seeing you here! :D Great to see so many people from both sites crossing over!

I can't decide between the two front fogs - but settled on the VR4 style! That's if I can get them!

Hello Philip-Fancy seeing you here!:D

Very friendly bunch of people here, you'll fit right in :)

Those UK-only fogs are really, really rare... They were fitted as standard to the very first V6 Sports exported to the UK - But very quickly Mitsubishi changed to the VR-4 style ones like your new one has (minus the turning lamp). The window was literally months.... Nick Mann's old V6 Sport (now owned by Paul Beazer) was the same year as my old V6 Sport (2000). Nicks was registered early 2000, mine was registered November 2000. In that time the spec was changed and mine had different fogs, Electric folding mirrors (UK Specs didn't have this untill late 2000) and a titanium-finish centre console rather than I-can't-believe-it's-not-carbon-fibre one! Curious!

G

Unregistered
What, they changed AWAY from the carbon-fibre dash?? What does the 'titanium' one look like, Kieran? Got a pic / comparison?

I find it difficult to believe Mitsubishi would go to the effort of designing and manufacturing a fog-light for only a hundred or so cars... Maybe they took it out of something else? There's got to be a logical explanation for that... Hmm needs some investigation methinks ;)

I know - I can't believe the different tweaks these cars had in the UK - like you say for a few hundred - and in such a short space of time!

The titanium look Kieran mentioned is like the centre consoul dash in my interior shot in my first posting above - hard to see, can post up a better one - but in essence they 'look' the same - the carbon fibre one looks to have more honeycombe style-shapes on it, while the latter is more of a flat shiny colour - above.

G

Unregistered
Got it! The Galant Elegance! After a long 8 hour drive from London to Irvine, leaving at 5.30am through the dense fog of a Sunday, I did the deal yesterday afternoon before driving back to London, getting in at 11pm... Big thanks to the girlfriend for sharing the driving duties...

I can't get over how lovely the 2.5 engine purrrs when you start the engine and how it gently raws as you pull away... The leather seats with lumbar are so confortable (especially after that long drive)... and lovely to stick your foot down when someone is up your rear in a Vauxhall Astra and you leave them for dust without the car breaking into a sweat!

Mods! So, I've cruise control fitted now... rear parking sensors (colour coded)... I've got smoked side repeaters to stick on and the Philips SilverVision clear indicator bulbs front and rear, which I'll do later today... I'll get the VR4-style twin front fogs ordered from Japan this week... Get my stereo, amp and sub fitted, change the speakers and that's it!

I'm off to admire my new toy in the driveway!

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
as kieran said hello mate and good news about the car

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Welcome mate. I think I am going to have to look into these lights, they will look sweet with the cibie headlights I am planning on doing.

G

Unregistered
Thanks Jason!

The twin VR4 fogs are at JapanParts.com - £285 GBP door to door for both sides of the car... I've put Philips SilverVision clear indicator bulbs on front and rear - and they blink a stronger amber than the standard bulbs yet look clear through the lens. Below is a shout of the rear of my car with them - the rear light is the 'after' shot while the full rear shot is the 'before'.

Attachments

• Rear light1.jpg
    Rear light1.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Galant.jpg
    Galant.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 13

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I would have sold a set to you for about 150 pounds + freight, but I was just too busy in the lead up to xmas :)

G

Unregistered
I know - thanks again Brad :)

The lure of impulse internet shopping with a credit card in hand got the better of me!

Happy New Year - and thank you again :)

Top Bottom