TAS Hello from the lowest state.

adriansvr4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
adrian
Drive
2000 galant vr4
Vt wagon
Hello everyone i would just like to introduce myself. I have been lurking this forum for a few weeks now taking in a lot of useful information as I have just bought my first Mitsubishi.

About a month ago I picked up a 2000 model galant vr4 (manual) that is in exceptional condition inside and out with 140xxx km on the clock. Although it has had a 2nd engine installed (roughly the same kms) as the original spun a bearing due to cheap shit oil.

The car was 100% stock except a cat back 3inch exhaust, it went well but stumbled/ missed on full throttle.

So far I have installed 600x300 fmic (found crack in original ic), upgraded ps cooler, fixed numerous boost leaks, turbosmart kompact bov, KN panel filter, turbotech mbc (12psi), new plugs, fuel rail mod.
these mods have made the car pull a lot harder and eliminated the stumble/miss.

I am very happy with the car it is very fun to drive and seems to turn a lot of heads even in it's relatively stock form.
There are more mods in the pipeline as i await the arrival of some new front pipes and walbro fuel pump.

I don't have any decent pics but I will be sure to get some soon.

Adrian

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Welcome to the forum Adrian.

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.7w

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Oils and Fluids
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info
- Posting photos, especially in the Classifieds

Posting new threads is restricted by default, for full access become a Premium Member:
- Upgrade to Premium Membership benefits

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

adriansvr4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
adrian
Drive
2000 galant vr4
Vt wagon
I still haven't got any recent pics but here are a few old ones,one before the front mount install
IMG_8571.JPG

And the front mount install don't worry the brackets are now black I managed to squeeze a 600x300x76 core in with no cutting all that was required was bending the bonnet catch support and massaging the back of the crash bar with a hammer. While I was there I hit it with some fresh Matt black paint. The old intercooler actually had a crack in it and also found a couple other boost leaks.
IMG_8577.JPG

Rpw front pipes and smashed out cat
IMG_8624.JPG

Started replacing the soft pipes
IMG_8621.JPG

IMG_8622.JPG

That's all the pics I have at the moment will update again soon

Top Bottom