ACT Hello hello!

Connor

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
Connor
Drive
1997 Legnum
What's up everyone my name is Connor. I live just outside the ACT so I'm really a NSW bloke, but hey, ACT is more practical!

Recently I picked up a '97 Legnum (Auto :( ) from QLD with a flat spot on the throttle. Fun times.
Basically the car drove alright apart from a point at low throttle where it seemed to starve the engine of fuel causing it to choke and hop. And this would happen at any speed, just as long as the throttle was at that spot. Not the best fun driving back from Brisbane to Canberra over 13hours...

Rest of the car was in pretty decent shape though. Despite the rattle canned black wheels, and the fading paint on the mirrors it looked pretty good with it black (not carbon... yet ;) ) wrapped bonnet and roof.
Interior had no cut or tears, though there were a few marks on the roof lining as if a big box had been rubbing against it.
Car was decked out in some unknown brand, to me (eonon?), of car audio/visual stuff including a touch screen Head Unit, head rest screens, and a bloody 21.5" fold down screen in the boot (win?). As well as a mono amp, and dual 10" subs. As well as added blue lighting under the seats, and a set of really strong LEDs for the central light.

I'm basically writing all this out so I can personally have a progress history for this project, as well as getting other peoples' opinions! I do have some semi serious audio plans for it over the next month or so, and you can't own a car without throwing a few performance mods in there as well!

Anyway, enough of a rant for a first introduction post anyway. I will be starting a "Members Rides" thread for this car, and any progress that happens to it, but I thought I give a 'quick' overview of the current state of purchase, and we shall see where it goes from there!

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit

Scradam

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
Manual Series 2 VR4 Legnum
Eonon?

Haven't seen that brand in years.
They made touch screen decks before the big brands and sold them cheap as chips on ebay.

They might have some decent stuff now, but I went through hell trying to fix alternator whine on a mate's install and he ended up tossing it because the software kept crashing.

Top Bottom