NSW Hello

92GTO

Idling at the Lights
First Name
David
Drive
92 GTO
Hey everyone
Sooo I don't own a VR4; I have a red 92 GTO.
After looking through my phone to post a photo I realised they are all on the back of tow trucks :( lol
Anyway I'm from Sydney, I live in Lalor Park atm and met a couple of brothers from Bathurst on the weekend (both with legnums).

Couple of great guys from this forum who helped me load the GTO onto a very narrow car trailer just outside of Orange after finding out my rego had expired and couldn't drive the rest of the way home :(

Thanks again to these guys if they see this, and look forward to hanging around the forum and meeting fellow Mitsubishi owners.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
@LDundon @slickd1 I would assume it was Matt and Lindsay that gave u that help. Only two brothers with legnums. Lol. And out Bathurst way.

Pleasure to have u here mate. U share the diamonds and great taste in cars. I'm sure the rest of the people here would agree.

Post a my ride thread and show us ur pride and joy. Tell us what u have done and going to do. Plenty of knowledge here to help out.
I'm Dan and I'm not too far from u in cranebrook. Holla if u need any fabrication work done. !!

LDundon

Violent Violet
Lifetime Member
First Name
Lindsay
Drive
Pearl White 1998 PFL Legnum
Yeah that was me and Matt Trotty. :)
Happy to help out! I was wondering if @TME_Steve has ever tuned a 3000GT? Or if he can. ;)
Challenge accepted Steve?
Hope you got home safe and sound @92GTO Bet it was hard to get off the trailer! Although not as hard as it was to put on!
Come along to our next Sydney meet!

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Welcome mate, as @trotty said, post a few photos of your ride.

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.13c

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info

Posting new threads is restricted by default. For full access you need to be a Premium Member ($15 a year):
- Upgrading your account

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
Hey everyone
Sooo I don't own a VR4; I have a red 92 GTO...
...Thanks again to these guys if they see this, and look forward to hanging around the forum and meeting fellow Mitsubishi owners.

Hey @92GTO Glad you found us! You and your brother seemed like nice blokes, and really nice looking car, wish you'd found us earlier, could have saved a fair bit of dosh and likely have twice the power and similar fuel efficiency.

For anyone wondering the choice bit of the little impromptu meet was when @92GTO 's wife asked "can I get my handbag out?", not knowing that seconds before you had climbed out the boot as it was the only available exit after parking the doors in, with the windows up. We deserve an award for tightest car trailer loading ever. The wheels literally touched on both sides, using a doubled over old sheet to stop scratches to the rims as much as possible.

Based on your servicing history so far I would unreservedly recommend @TME_Steve for any further work. With this style of car I have seen him quote under half what some people get charged from run-of-the-mill mechanics, and do a job that's 6 times as good (maybe twice as good).

If you're wanting to learn a bit more you certainly get a fair bit of knowledge just hanging around the likes of @trotty and @TME_Steve.

This car community is hands down the best in Australia. The best bunch of blokes I've come across, everyone's willing to help out each other, and actually happy to teach you stuff and let you learn from them.

Keen to catch up again if there's a meet, and ask your brother to add me on linked in au.linkedin.com/in/MatthewDundon I might be able to swing some work his way in the future.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Hey @92GTO With this style of car I have seen him quote under half what some people get charged from run-of-the-mill mechanics, and do a job that's 6 times as good (maybe twice as good).

Only twice? Well i suppose tuning wise if i get you 200kwatw the other guys are only doing 100 so that's not so bad ;)

Alternately I'm a quarter of the price i should be :D

@LDundon doubt a '92 can be tuned. Not without a chromed ecu anyway. So there is that option

LDundon

Violent Violet
Lifetime Member
First Name
Lindsay
Drive
Pearl White 1998 PFL Legnum
I'd just be really interested to see what it puts out! 3.0L V6 twin TD04s from our discussion. Could you use a Legnum/VR4 ecu and tune it that way? Or you think it'd be completely different?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I'd just be really interested to see what it puts out! 3.0L V6 twin TD04s from our discussion. Could you use a Legnum/VR4 ecu and tune it that way? Or you think it'd be completely different?
Different ecu. More like magna. I think you can swap in later model ecus with a little work iirc

92GTO

Idling at the Lights
First Name
David
Drive
92 GTO
Hey guys thanks again for the hellos, @slickd1 The best part about the handbag story was when we got home and it was pouring with rain.....Guess where the house keys were :( that was not an easy mission. @LDundon yeah getting it off wasn't to bad untill i seen the rims :( could have been worse though at least the ramps worked as a good hammer :). Not to sure about Linked in i can just PM you details if you like.

Top Bottom