Hey Everyone from the Latest Leggy Fan

Mrk_VR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1998 VR-4 Legnum
Hey guys,

I've been browsing around here for the last couple of weeks looking for whatever info i can find about these VR-4's as i've been looking for a new car. (by the way you guys have a very informative forum here) I'm a bit of a toyota fan, but in looking for my new car i came across the VR-4 Legnum, and no other car ticked as many boxes for me as it, so i bought one.

I should have her in a week or two once the dealer completes a full 100000 Km service (even though its only done 38000 Km), fits a towbar, and i get my new rims. It's a 1998 model, manual, mmcs, stock as a rock (until i put my new rims on), in blue,i think they call it majestic blue, i'll post some pictures once i pick it up.

Once i get it i plan on doing a bit of work on the mmcs system to try and make it a bit easier for everyone to make the most out of its functionalities. I am a qualified Mechatronics engineer so we'll see how i go.

Oh, and as a shameless plug: everyone go here and sign up to purchase a workshop manual (you know you want it/need it): http://www.jpnz.co.nz/afawcs0131171/CATID=23/SUBID=240/ID=650/SID=63076686/productdetails.html

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Welcome to the forum bro.;)

Hmmm, mechatronics engineer + MMCS... I smell a HOW TO write up on getting more of the functions to work!!

Look forward to learning to make tits on a bull useful!:D

G

Unregistered
Mmmm supercharged rolla for sale :)
Hey welcome to the coolest place on the net.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hey Mark, welcome. You must be a good bloke with a name like that and a VR-4 :p

Where aboust in NSW are you?

edit/ don't worry, I just read that you are a Shire boy. I used to be one of those :D

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Once i get it i plan on doing a bit of work on the mmcs system to try and make it a bit easier for everyone to make the most out of its functionalities. I am a qualified Mechatronics engineer so we'll see how i go.

Oh, and as a shameless plug: everyone go here and sign up to purchase a workshop manual (you know you want it/need it): http://www.jpnz.co.nz/afawcs0131171/CATID=23/SUBID=240/ID=650/SID=63076686/productdetails.html

Mark, could you by any chance be Trev's long lost bother? Both super geeks and both pushing the work shop manual at everyone who will listen? :ROFLMAO:

Welcome to the site man, cant wait to see what you can do with the MMCS system.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Welcome Mark!

I live out near Windsor. When you get your car there's a regular Fri night meet up at the Krispy Kremes in Penrith. Would be great to see you there :D

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Mark welcome to the forum. Please do post some pics as soon as you can.

Mrk_VR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1998 VR-4 Legnum
Thanks for to warm welcome guys, its killing me waiting to get a hold of my leggy.

Mark, could you by any chance be Trev's long lost bother? Both super geeks and both pushing the work shop manual at everyone who will listen? :ROFLMAO:

Welcome to the site man, cant wait to see what you can do with the MMCS system.

hmmm.. i can see the relation. If only there were more of us then we would have these workshop manuals already. They would help me with the mmcs to so buy, buy, buy :ROFLMAO:

As for the Krispy Kreme meet ups, its not exactly close to me but i may be able to make my way out for a meet up or two.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hey Bro!!

*chuckles*

Glad to have you along, Mark - from just your first couple of posts I can already see a bright future for you and a VR4! ;)

If you want to hurry the workshop manual along, you could always buy two like a few of us are! I assume I don't need to ask if you've already replied to the confirmation email?

Look forward to hearing good things out of you dude!!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Mark, we have guys coming from North Sydney :) So it's all good mate :D

Mrk_VR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1998 VR-4 Legnum
Woooo Hoooo, i finally picked up my leggy today and i can't stop driving it.

I had to wait a month to get it since putting my deposit on it, which seemed like forever since it was sitting there in the yard when i bought it. I don't know how you guys importing your own can stand to wait up to six months.

I'll start a members ride thread with pics for all to see.

Top Bottom