QLD Hey from Brisbane !

G

Unregistered
Hey folks,

probably should have done this when I joined up, but hey to all of you from Brisbane! My name is Linkin and I recently got myself a 99 VR4.

When I first got the car a few months ago, the breaks were spongy as the car had been sitting for a year or so, and I had to replace them to get my road worthy.

It took some time to clean up the car, as the previous owner had painted the wheels in fluro green, and the clear coat on the roof was starting to fade. I eventually plastidipped the roof matt black. I find it more forgiving and easier to use than spray paint. (Sorry for the limited pictures, I haven't had too much time other than looking
after my little man, who btw loves the sound of the turbo spooling up :)

Legnum side 2.jpg

Legnum side 3.jpg

Legnum side.jpg

Front bumper 1.jpg

I'm still getting used to parking in major shopping centres and entering the driveway as the front bumper sits so low haha. Most of the time I spend cruising like an old grandma as the car is still quite thirsty. From what I've been told, I'll need to have a look at the injectors for possible leaks and replace the O2 sensor.

I haven't done anything recently yet other than spraying the rims black and reinstalling the stock filter box and snorkel (Thank you Herbs and Gridly). I hope to properly clean her up eventually and respray all the chipped and cracked paint ;)

Enjoy EKKA tomorrow folks, and see you guys on the road!

Cheers,
Linkin.

Tony_T

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tony
Drive
Legnum VR-4 1997
Welcome from New Zealand.
My two Leggies have constant problems with the front hitting things: I've only to go slightly too fast into a driveway and 'Scrape' and my housemate has connected with rather a few of those concrete barriers as shown in your photo when driving one of them.
As for fuel leaks, no it's just the normal Legnum fuel consumption (although I must say my E39A Galant was just as bad when I had it) - you can see the fuel gauge dropping as you drive! Just something you have to accept in return for the lovely drive, otherwise you could drive a Ford, they're economical but will never be in the same class of ride.

G

Unregistered
Thanks, cool being part of a supportive crew of legnum owners. Hahaha, but NO Ford, I'd prefer a leggy any day m8 :) I have seen an improvement in fuel consumption since installing the stock filter setup with a kn filter.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Hey Linkin

You probably don't need it by now, but have a template :)

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.7w

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Oils and Fluids
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info
- Posting photos, especially in the Classifieds

Posting new threads is restricted by default, for full access become a Premium Member:
- Upgrade to Premium Membership benefits

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Welcome Linkin, haven't seen a leather interior for a while, nice.
Is she auto or manual?
Hit @TME_Steve up for a tune when he's in QLD next. that will make a big difference as well as changing the O2 sensor.

Top Bottom