VIC Hey from the middle of nowhere

Squish76

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brad
Drive
2001 Leggy, 2010 Voyager
Hi all, names Brad, from the top end of Vic and looking at buying a Legnum in the future.
I haven't had the chance to check one out so have been researching online but getting a lot of conflicting/confusing info. Some site's say all Legnums have the AYC diff, others suggest only some do. There's also reports of really bad fuel economy, poor parts availability ad servicing issues.
What's everyone else's story with their cars on these issues and your pros and cons ?

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Hey Brad,

Fuel economy varies depending on how you use it, I regularly get around 12-13l/100km around town, but have managed just under 10l/100km on the highway. Parts availability isn't too much of a problem. Servicing might be tricky where you are, as not that many mechanics are familiar with our engine. That said, it's quite similar to the Magna V6 engine, just with less room.

There are some cars with the AYC diff, others with an LSD I believe. Some others can chime in to specify which exact models had what (can't remember off the top of my head).

For the price, they are hard to beat. I love my legnum, even though it's a little pricey to run, the practicality, performance and enjoyment I get out of it far outweigh the costs.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Hi Brad. The series 2 type V which I have has the LSD where as the type S does have AYC. There are a few minor differances like wheel arch flares on the type s too.

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Welcome to the forum! Good luck on your search -- a good example is fairly hard to find these days...

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Hi Brad. The series 2 type V which I have has the LSD where as the type S does have AYC. There are a few minor differances like wheel arch flares on the type s too.

It is an open diff in the Type V's unless you have an aftermarket LSD.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
No VR4's came with from the factory with an LSD. Its either AYC or open diff.

Squish76

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Brad
Drive
2001 Leggy, 2010 Voyager
thanks guys.
I live in Swan Hill (3 1/2-4 hrs north of Melb) so the closest Legnum is quite possibly that far away. I have spotted what appears to be nice one in S.A but am not ready to buy just yet, need to do more research etc lol

Top Bottom