NSW Hey guys

vr4skn

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Blake Parker
Drive
1999 galant vr4 twin turbo
Hey guys just a quick question when I get up it on my galant vr4 it makes a whistle nose any theorys anyone?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Hey how about introducing yourself to the forum first so we get to know a little bit about you?

Pics of the car would also help :)

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
I had this last week after fitting a new Intercooler. Tightening the hose clamps didn't help. They had to be taken off and reseated. No problems since.

vr4skn

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Blake Parker
Drive
But in saying it was a boost leak why wasnt this whistling noise happening with my standard exhaust?

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Welcome to OzVR4

Does your car have a boost controller ? Is it standard boost or you upped it ? Because alot of the times when you add more boost the turbo's spool up faster and make like a little whistle noise. But saying all that, honestly could be anything without hearing it .

Edit: just read your last comment, did you get a cat back exhaust ? full exhaust ? or just a muffler ? Again i think ts the turbo's spooling up faster and making a whistle style sound(because you letting your car breath better), as soon as you let go of the gas does it stop the noise ?

What other mod's did you do before the noise ?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit

vr4skn

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Blake Parker
Drive
It was a varex volume control exhaust do u recon I should remove my cat and see what happens?

storm_detonation

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
storm_detonation
Drive
2000 Silver VR4, Toyota Hilux
But in saying it was a boost leak why wasnt this whistling noise happening with my standard exhaust?

This is what happened to me when I had a turbo back exhaust fitted along with a Varex twin tip muffler. I thought I had a boost leak but after getting it checked it wasn't a boost leak, it was the turbo spool noise being way more noticeable than before.

vr4skn

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Blake Parker
Drive
How did u get rid of the noise?

storm_detonation

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
storm_detonation
Drive
2000 Silver VR4, Toyota Hilux
It annoyed me at first because I thought it was a boost leak but now I love it, I mean you can actually HEAR the turbos spooling, cool!

Top Bottom