Hey OZVR4

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
Buckas aka Dan / / WA - Perth

Hey everyone. Been looking round this site for a while now cause im looking at getting a legnum. Test drove a 97 trigger mauve manual yesterday at South Freo Auto Imports in Perth. All seemed good apart from a noise that seemed to be coming from the rear end when cornering hard and AYC came on. Wasn't sure if the AYC makes any noise and it was also arguable if it was just tire noise. The tires were quite a hard compound so theyre getting switched for some softer ones and if that changes everything ill be putting a deposit down to get it next week. If anyone thinks it could be the sign of something dodgy please let me know! Thanks, Dan

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
Should the guy Im buying it off be able to do that? Everything else about the car is really good. clean body and interior, sunroof, dvd, engine and everything else seems fine it was just that noise

G

Unregistered
Hey Dan, welcome to the forums.

As other people have said it could be the AYC, may just need a service (flush/bleed). And yes, get rid of those crappy compliance tyres :)

I'm not too sure if South Freo Auto Imports do any servicing, but it's always good practice to get the whole car checked over at a reputable workshop anyway, especially for an import.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Welcome Dan!

Ask MUNGEL, she bought her car from him. What I remember is, as she went for a test drive, the tyres were new, when she bought it she didn't checked it again, worn tyres... what can you do after that? Not the best advertise for this place... so be careful and double check everything again!

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
Hey guys, yeh might ask him if he can get it serviced somewhere. The guy is one of my step dads clients so we've bought cars off him before and hes always been good with us. I took another manual one there for a spin that had some different tyres on it and there was no problem, they were a softer compound so hes gonna throw those on the rear and see if it makes a difference. Hopefully all will be well and i can finally get my legnum. All that will be left to do is sell my alfa :p Thanks for all the info

G

Unregistered
... so hes gonna throw those on the rear and see if it makes a difference.

Try to make sure that all the tyres are the same size, better still, make sure all the tyres are the same. The awd system and ayc doesn't like mismatched tyres.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
Thanks for all the replies guys, I just got off the phone to Stuart at Freo auto imports. He changed the tires over and it was still making the noise so he asked round at clubvr4 and got told it needs fluids changed/bleeding or someones put the wrong fluids in it. Hes ordered them from Mitsubishi and should be sorted in a day or so so may be looking at having it next week

G

Unregistered
he asked round at clubvr4 and got told it needs fluids changed/bleeding or someones put the wrong fluids in it.

He's signed up to CVR4 but he just searched the forum without asking any questions as far as I know

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Yes, as above, the AYC system should be silent unless the fluids are tired. Also make sure you have the same tyres all round.

Top Bottom