SA Hi all

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
Hi every every one

My name is jayden I am from mannum south Australia near Murray bridge. I brought my 1998 VR4 Legnum about four months ago.

When I brought it, it was dead stock minus the exhaust. The interior is perfect and the body work is very clean minus one pin dent in the rear drivers door. I have got some plans for it like coil overs, boost controller, intercooler and dump pipes etc and eventually turbo upgrade depending on money as always.

thanks for reading :)

oh forgot to add I have already started to convert it to manual

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 183

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
And what it looks like at the moment

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 193

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Welcome to the club.
You should consider a tune before you buy a boost controller, tune cost less than most electronic boost controllers and makes them redundant.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Welcome Jayden, looks like you have a very nice and clean example there.

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
Thanks guys. It was the cleanest one I could find at the time and is there any good places to get a tune in south Australia

GLen20

Barring Up
Premium Member
First Name
Glenn
Drive
2002 Type S Galant, Ducati Streetfighter 848, 1971 2 Door LC Torana (in pieces)
G'day Jayden. Welcome!

Jonson (username Jonson) is a pretty handy, experienced mechanic with our cars. I've had major work (transmission removal and re-installation) done by him and I couldn't have been happier. (Don't tell him though, he'll get a big head:)

Mike Dale (Automotive) did my 100K service, is an EVO guru and he recently sorted out/tuned my girlfriends turbo Mx5 (awesome job =147rwKW). He's a very very experienced tuner and knows Mitsubishi's.

Steve Knight down at Lonsdale is also an EVO man too and I hear pretty good.

And Steve (TME_Steve on here) from what I can work out, knows more than anyone about tuning our cars. He's based interstate... due for another visit soon.....?

Read up the "how to make your own datalogging cable" on the Write Ups & Guides section. Download "EvoScan" and you can get online with our ECU and see whats going on realtime too.

Welcome mate!

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
Thanks for that. just ordered the cable of eBay then. Will give them a call as soon as I got the manual in and organise something would be interesting to see what I can get at the wheels as it is before I do anything more.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
welcome to ozvr4..

are you doing the manual conversion yourself?

if so, good work!

btw, any other plans on the car?

what are you doing with the old A/T box?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit

storm_detonation

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
storm_detonation
Drive
2000 Silver VR4, Toyota Hilux
+1 for TME_Steve tuning your car, I ended up with some amazing results over the stock setup and that was without big supporting mods like full exhaust, bigger intercooler etc.

Also, welcome :)

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
welcome to ozvr4..

are you doing the manual conversion yourself?

if so, good work!

btw, any other plans on the car?

what are you doing with the old A/T box?

yes I am doing the conversion my self. I don't know what I am doing with the trans. I am thinking about selling it but it does need the seal done. My future plans for the car are intercooler, power steering cooler, aluminium IC pipes, body kit, wheels, coil overs, bigger turbos, dump pipes, boost controller and a good tune. the list could go on for ever but it all depends on money.

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
I am now a paying member :) and the links are very helpful thanks for that

favstar

Idling at the Lights
First Name
favio
Drive
galant vr4
Don't forget David or Merlin as he is known for tuning. Tuned my car and I got great results.

David-777

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
1998 VR4 Manual
Welcome,

I'd start with defogging your headlights and replacing or painting your vent surrounds.

But i'm OCD

Top Bottom