SA Hi all

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
Any tips for doing the head lights? Were can I buy new vent surrounds? The head lights annoy the shit out of me lol.

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Any tips for doing the head lights? Were can I buy new vent surrounds? The head lights annoy the shit out of me lol.

Welcome to the forums! :)
If that haze is on the inside of the headlights, you need to take them out and put them in the oven to soften the plastic to pull em apart. Once you've cleaned them out, drill a small hole or two in the bottom of the lights so the moisture can escape and they wont fog up again.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
IMO.. no holes should be made on the bottom of the headlights as that's how they get foggy..

there are 2 vents on the back of the headlights where they do have foams inside it to avoid dust or insects getting in..

check that first.. 1 is a white clear-ish circular cover near the indicator.. and the other is like a spout pointing down and it is in black color

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I don't know......drilling holes in my foglight fixed it right up

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
Thanks guys ill go get a kit tomorrow and check the panels in the back when I get a chance

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
Just received my heavy duty cushion button clutch.

new parts always bring a smile to my face :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 70

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
I have got the motor out for the manual conversion. Was just wondering what u guys think I should replace while it out. So for I Have already got
new engine mounts
timing belt kit
water pump
rocker cover gaskets
3sx fuel loop
a 3 port
56 mm radiator with new top and bottom hoses
Getting fly wheel machined
vk22 spark plugs
and I'm gonna be doing all fluids

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Hey mate, have a belated welcome to the forum! Great, clean example you have there. I think it's best to buy a car in stock standard form, so that's a good find. Best of luck with it all. Btw, let me know how you go with that 56mm radiator...I'm having fitment issues with mine.

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
Up date so far. I have fitted the 3sx fuel rail loop, injector seal and thermostat. So all the easy stuff.

I sent the flywheel away to be machined and turns out it is bent very badly. I have got a new one coming from TME along with a short shift and inter cooler.

mastag haven't tried the radiator yet but will let you know when I get there. May be a little while though.

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
Replacing the seals and cleaning the transfer case

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 9

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I Would change both bearings on the gearbox input shaft and the input shaft seal plus redo all the conduit on the wiring while you're there....

Leggy98

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jayden
Drive
1998 legnum vr4
I have got the motor and gearbox back in and running. not to happy though because it has got a vibration at 2000-2400 in gear and neutral. next thing is the clutch pedal feels light even with a heavy duty clutch and you have to push the pedal right to the floor before you can get it into gear. have been trying to bleed the clutch but that doesn't change it at all.

Top Bottom